What's new

MST3K: The Movie - Universal release coming 5/8/08! (1 Viewer)

Tim Tucker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tim Tucker
Finally! I was beginning to think that this would never be reissued.

And it is ironic that this is getting a anamorphic release, while This Island Earth only rated a fullscreen one.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
OH GOD, I JUST PAID $200 FOR IT ON EBAY!!!!!!!!!!!

Just kidding. :) I'll be replacing my old Image disc that I must have bought 9 or 10 years ago.

EDIT: I know the link says May 8 but that's a Thursday so it's most likely the wrong date.

John Hodson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Universal's 2-disc German release included 'This Island Earth' as an extra; can't recall for sure if it was anamorphic or not, but I seem to think that (like the current R2 UK transfer) it was.

SilverWook

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bill
Nice that it's finally getting a reissue. I guess we won't be seeing any extras like the deleted scenes though.

Wasn't it DTS sound in theatrical release though?

RobertM.Fleming

Stunt Coordinator
This is very excellent news. this mean I can finally retire my "screener" VHS copy I permanently borrowed from the video store I worked at in high school.

"quick, lets escape under cover of afternoon in the biggest car in the county!"

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Well I'm not giving up yet, darnit! I'm going to milk the bragging rights for all they're worth thru May 5th!!
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif

Yep, good for fans. This will also drum up more interest in the show for Rhino to mull over some more.

Joel C

Screenwriter
Considering I have had no desire to watch it again in the last... three years? - too many unwatched episodes in the Rhino sets as it is, let alone the dozens of VHS tapes stashed in my closet from the original airings - I'm really glad I sold this one a while back. I think I got $200 for it or something.

Bummer about the deleted scenes though.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
This was one of the first 3 DVDs I bought (the other 2 were Artisan's The 10th Kingdom and Kenneth Branagh's Henry V). Wish there were some deleted scenes, though; that might be enought to make me pick up the new version.

I'm psyched that its finally getting reissued and they're giving it a new transfer with 5.1 but they really should include those deleted scenes. The entire shelter sequence is a blast. There's a large and ever growing following for MST3K. Someone at Universal must have finally realized this. If everyone buys this version maybe they'll be motivated to revisit it in a couple of years with extras.

Scott Simonian

Screenwriter
OMG!!! YEEESSSS!!!! :D

Finally. Been a long wait. Both my father and I have been wanting to get this forever. We both feel so bad for not picking it up for $25 10 years ago (didnt know it would go OOP so soon). Got pretty darn close to buying it for $200 on Amazon or Ebay. Ughh...so much. This is good news, indeed.

Matt_H

Stunt Coordinator
Did the MST3K rights just come up for renewal? I only ask because Shoutfactory just got the rights to the show.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks