What's new

MST3K Rhino Poll (1 Viewer)

Nigel McN

Supporting Actor
yeah still pondering my choices,.. Giant Gila Monster..... I want to vote for Master Ninja, but I suspect Sandy Frank eps might be wasted votes still.

Beast

Second Unit
Real Name
Michael Cameron
615 - Kitten with a Whip
211 - First Spaceship on Venus
306 - Time of the Apes
506 - Secret Agent: Super Dragon
706 - Laserblast

Ian_H

Supporting Actor
Daddy-O and Tormented are the tops of my list. As well as the vote for the MST3K specials!

-Ian

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
I voted for Godzilla vs. Megalon just for the hell of it. It's the best episode there is, so we might at least make sure Rhino knows it, even if it is very difficult for them to obtain the rights.

I also voted for Master Ninja I, The Beast of Yucca Flats, Laserblast and Santa Claus.

Nigel McN

Supporting Actor
now iirc I ended up voting for Gila Monster, Master Ninja 1, and maybe 2, season 1 ep 1 (because is number 1!)

LaurenceGarvey

Second Unit
I voted for the uncut movie as my #1 extra, which colored my voting, 'cause who wouldn't want I WAS A TEENAGE WEREWOLF on DVD???

My other choices:
ROBOT MONSTER with RADAR MEN FROM THE MOON chapters 4-5
GODZILLA VS. MEGALON
TIME OF THE APES
IT CONQUERED THE WORLD

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
My #1 choice was actually released much to my surprise, Hercules Unchained, so....

#2 Laserblast (a great episode and the last CC episode)
#3 Time Of The Apes (just frickin funny)
#4 The Day the Earth Froze (lord those Swedish-Finnish-Danish or whatever'ISH films are weird)
#5 Outlaw (I crap bigger than this film.....cabbot...cabbot.....cabbot)

Beast

Second Unit
Real Name
Michael Cameron
Major disapointment that so many people are voting for the Sci-Fi channel episodes. Most of those were shown so often they were annoying after a while. I know there's four or five that only were shown a couple times then pulled, but I'd really like to see some Joel stuff. Where my choices fell in the poll are pretty depressing. :frowning:

615 - Kitten with a Whip -- (#55)
211 - First Spaceship on Venus -- (#108)
306 - Time of the Apes -- (#18)
506 - Secret Agent: Super Dragon -- (#82)
706 - Laserblast -- (#5)

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I did vote for PUMA MAN, which I'd seen pre-MST3K.

And TIME OF THE APES, even though as a Sandy Frank film, it's pretty much a lost cause. I'm really hoping the Mexican SANTA CLAUS turns up, too. It's jaw-dropping.

But two I'd love to see -- and voted for -- are SAN FRANCISCO INTERNATIONAL and THE HUMAN DUPLICATORS. The latter has Richard Kiel, while the former stars Ian "Deadwood" McShane and Pernell Roberts. Ian McShane was better known for his role in "Lovejoy" at that point which was always showing on A&E. Every time McShane would turn up on screen, the 'bots would holler "Lovejoy!" Classic.

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
Puma Man is hilarious, but I would rather see Comedy Central episodes rank higher. I made Godzilla vs. Megalon my top choice, and I'm glad it got so many votes. If only the people who say "it'll never get cleared" would just vote for it like they know they want to, it would have been #1. Then Rhino would have had something to think about! Anyway, Jack Frost and Laserblast happen to be two of the Sci-Fi eps I've been meaning to see...

Reed N

Auditioning
706-Laserblast was actually a Comedy Central episode. It was, however, the LAST Comedy Central episode....

Lynda-Marie

Supporting Actor
I thought the whole thing holding up the Godzilla eps was the guy who brought the films to US audiences in the first place. I read that he was so angry with the comments Joel and the 'Bots made that he refused to renew the licensing rights after they expired.

What a spoilsport! Maybe he should take a hint from Halle Berry's acceptance speech at the Golden Raspberry Awards -"My mom taught me that in order to be a winner, you have to be a good loser, too."

Of course, Joe Don Baker has also sworn to get even with the Brains, and I don't recall any of the MST3K staffers or cast members ever mentioning fear of him.

My choices for episodes would be

Amazing Colossal Man and its sequel, War of the Colossal Beast, Puma Man, Jack Frost, The Magic Sword, Beast of Yucca Flats, and just about anything Bert I. Gordon and Roger Corman threw at us.

Ian_H

Supporting Actor
What extras did people vote for?? I can't believe that so many people voted for cast commentaries. Seriously what kind of commentary could there be for the movie segments?

"Here is where we made the joke about the prune colored muscle car!"

I guess they could talk about the technical aspects of filming MST3K:

"Now for this shot we sit in front of a green screen and look at little monitors at our feet for our cues and then for this shot we sit in front of a green screen and look at little monitors at our feet for our cues..."

Hopefully we will get some of the extra specials that were filmed before we get commentaries.

--Ian

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
I voted for behind the scenes footage, subtitles & MST3K specials (Oscar special, etc.).

Amy Mormino

Supporting Actor
Well, its not totally bad news for fans of the older stuff. "Santa Claus", which was my number one choice, scored pretty high (#8).

I'd kind of be curious to see cast commentaries. I mean, the whole show is basically a commentary, so this would be the first commentary over a commentary that I can recall. There would be three different audio sources going on at the same time. It would at least be interesting.

Jay Pennington

Screenwriter
I don't care which episodes are selected, as long as they keep 'em coming.

The only priority, to me, would be to focus on titles that they already have the rights to but might not indefinitely (if it even works that way).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks