What's new

MST3K Fans! Say TY to Rhino...again! (1 Viewer)

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Found this blurb nestled at the bottom of the latest Rhino Video press release:
MYSTERY SCIENCE THEATRE 3000 - DVD
Rhino Home Video presents two more mock-ready movies from the Emmy-nominated MST3K library, MANOS: HANDS OF FATE and MITCHELL. The MANOS: HANDS OF FATE DVD features Poopie, the official MST3K outtakes reel, while MITCHELL includes the original theatrical trailer and press kit. Available November 20th.

For my money, any MST DVDs are worth twenty bucks, but if I'm not mistaken...these are two of the best MST episodes ever! So these will be episodes 5 and 6 to hit DVD, not including MST3K: The Movie...which is also fantastic! (The movie, not necessarily this DVD version!)
Who else will be purchasing these ones?
P.S. Thanks Rhino!
------------------
Scott
Check out my Movie Reviews at Epinions. Help support my debilitating DVD addiction!
AOL IM: TheAngryJew29

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I'll be picking up both on release date!!! Right before Thanksgiving too!! TURKEY DAY!!!
------------------

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
Are these going to include the Un-MST'd movies along with the joke version? I'd like to have the plan-vanilla version of "Manos" as a type of Chinese water torture to try and rid my apartment of unwanted guests.
And you're right, Scott, these are the best of the worst. Now bring on "Pod People" and "Time of the Apes"!

Dave L

Stunt Coordinator
I'd stand in line to add these to my collection. And, yes, I agree that, while I'm glad they're being released, let's get them out there a bit faster. I certainly hope they will include the full film as well as the MST3K version as in the past. Some of these gems, like "Egah!," are hilarious in both versions.

JasenP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jasen
"HAVE ANOTHER BEER MITCHELL!"
Mitchell was Joel's last episode and he went out with a bang, damn funny stuff! I will happily plop down the cabbage for Manos & Mitchell.
"MITCHELL WAKACHUWAKACHUWAKACHUWKA..."
------------------
"Strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government!"

350+ Reasons why I drive A 1991 Cavalier.

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
I'll never be happy until I get my hot little hands on a decent copy of Mr. B. Natural. "Oscar Wilde only wished he were this gay!"

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
It looks like Rhino is releasing the same episodes that they have previously released on video (probably due to rights). To get an idea of what we may expect in the future, check out the various episodes that have been released on video.
Both of these titles are great, I can't wait till November!

Peter D

Stunt Coordinator
Man, these discs are coming out so slowly you'd think Torgo himself was working on them...
rolleyes.gif

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
I watched MST3K when it was on Comedy Central and loved it. I havent bought the DVDs though. I must buy these though.
Torgo is the bomb!!

Kenneth Cummings

Supporting Actor
Yay for Doctor Forster and his merry experiments on are minds. I loved these episodes, and the more extras on disc is making me even more happy. Now to get a copy of "Alien of LA" and "Jack Frost" on DVD and get MST3K the movie a GOOD DVD, with deleted scenes(like the meteror shower scene), and have a commentary over a commentary(them talking over themself).
------------------
gosalyn.gif

Support the DVD release of the Disney Afternoon for her.

Dwayne

Supporting Actor
Pod People is one of my personal favorites. I have the VHS release of this, so chances that it will get released on DVD are good.
------------------
-Dwayne
"And vidi films I would."

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I have some episodes on video, and Pod People is one of them. Whenever I want to expose a friend of mine to this series, I show them Pod People or the movie.
Another episode I have is Santa Claus Conquers the Martians. That movie is funny in itself because of how bad it is.

Steve Felix

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve Felix
If there are two must own MSTs these are them. (I still need Pumaman, however.)
Manos contains the line HTF members can appreciate (probably not verbatim): "Did you see how you were framin' back there?"
------------------
"We're trying to make a movie here, not a film!"

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
Excellent! Come November, MANOS and MITCHELL will be mine! I hope some day we'll see the MiSTied/regular versions of DANGER! DEATH RAY!, GIRLS' TOWN, JACK FROST and PRINCE OF SPACE on DVD, too.
[Edited last by Peter M Fitzgerald on August 22, 2001 at 08:53 PM]

Jason_Els

Screenwriter
Ugh. I just bought the VHS version of Manos six months ago! Now if they would put "The Cave Dwellers" on DVD. That one still ranks as the funniest in my book.
Thanks!
Jason

JamesCS

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, I'll pick these up. I always do for MST3K. There are so many I want to see on DVD. I agree with everyone's suggestions so far. Yeah, I can't even think about Jack Frost or Pumaman without breaking out in laughter.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks