What's new

M's vs Montreal on Comcast in HD! (1 Viewer)

Darrel McBane

Second Unit
Well, I had heard that the Mariner's were to have 30 of their home games broadcast by Comcast in HD. And last night I thought I'd see if channel 100 on the cable box would come in. And what do you know? The M's were in the fourth inning with the Expos! It's looked fantastic on my Loewe! What a treat! This weekend the Braves come to town.

Anyone else happen to watch it in the Seattle area?

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
They're only going to have 16 (or 19) in HD.
Looked pretty good, but there was a a little breakup in the background at times. Now if they'll only win on HD too!

Darrel McBane

Second Unit
Jordan, I was looking through AVS forum and noticed that some people in areas in north Seattle were experiencing pauses in their transmission reception. I watched last nights game also. Which looked great. And they won! There wasn't any video problems in my area. I did notice that the broadcasters didn't also match what I was seeing on the screen. A comment would be made about a replay. But, the HD feed would just show a live picture. I'm wondering if this is the feed that goes to Japan? I saw on the line up information that tonight is the last broadcast until San Diego plays here at the end of the month.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
I didn't get to watch that game, so I can't comment on the pauses in transmission, but I did watch yesterday's game on "regular" TV and I immediately thought to myself: "Bring back the HD!!!!" On some of the replays, you do catch the Japanese TV logo, and before the first game, they were playing some strange Japanese songs, I believe behind the schedule screen.

Darrel McBane

Second Unit
I agree Jordan about the video quality. As far as going from HD back to standard cable. It's even worse than going from progressive DVD to VHS (which I haven't owned in about 3 years) in picture quality. From very clean to very dirty! Now, we'll have to wait till June 28th.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks