What's new

Mr and Mrs. Smith w. Brad Pitt/Angelina Jolie (1 Viewer)

Haggai

Senior HTF Member
I saw a preview for this before Ocean's Twelve. Anyone else seen it, or know much about this movie? There was a Hitchcock movie of the same title, which is on DVD in the Warners Hitch box set from the last few months. But, that movie was a rarity for Hitchcock, a screwball romantic comedy with no murder-related intrigue or suspense, so this one doesn't appear to be related to that one in any meaningful way. The only vague similarity appears to be the central plot element of a married couple who discover an odd secret about themselves--in Hitchcock's case, it was that they weren't actually married, due to a technicality. Domestic screwball hijinks ensued.

This version looks like it's centered around a plot device used before in Prizzi's Honor, if not earlier. I like the potential of this particular pair of stars in terms of stylish/comedic entertainment, but the preview, after starting off pretty strong by focusing on the two of them, went downhill into pure explosion/car chase territory. So this one might be fun--due out in theaters next June, according to IMDB, and I think the preview might have indicated that as well--but there seems to be a fairly serious suck-factor risk as well.

Evan Lee

Stunt Coordinator
Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie have not made too many great plot movies but IMHO, their portrayal of the characters has always made up for it. Now that they are finally in a film toghether, count me in for this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks