What's new

MPAA gives SHIRI an R, but is it cut? We don't know. (1 Viewer)

Matt_Stevens

Supporting Actor
The MPAA has given SHIRI an R rating, but that nobody knows if it was cut to get it. Columbia, the studio that hacked the recent import BROTHER to pieces and used CGI to take out blood, is the studio behind the U.S. release.
SHIRI is a graphically violent picture, so I am confident this film was hacked to get the R. The MPAA would never allow this film to go through as is with an R in today's climate of cut, cut, cut to protect the children, who should never be allowed to see R rated films in the first place!
If it passed uncut, I will glady eat my shorts and Kiss Jack V's ancient ass.
BulletsnBabes did a review of the two DVD editions currently available for this action shoot-em-up (R0 and R2/4). I agree 100% with their comments, as I own both releases (and had the first DD5.1 R0 version too). Read on.
http://www.bulletsnbabesdvds.com/article.php?sid=416
------------------
www.deceptions.net/superman

YANG

Screenwriter
When i posted the review of this movie a year back(or maybe months,the thread is no more available) i stated that there are too much blood and violence in this film.But in SINGAPORE the movie passed uncut,probably the bloods are too fake compared to HOLLYWOOD makes.
As for whether the MPAA do any further cuts to foreign films,why don't you just take a good look at most HONGKONG blockbusters and other foreign films as a good reference?
I believe that there are cuts to these films when they reach the american screens.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation966
Recent bookmarks