What's new

moving to china (1 Viewer)

dzr9212

Auditioning
Real Name
jon
Hi all. I am moving to China in the next couple mmonths and the only two things I want to take in terms of electronics are my PS3 and my samsung ht-4500. I am bringing all my US blue rays and Dvds to avoid the region code issue with Chinese made discs. My question is will I be able to watch my movies on a Chinese Tv. I heard that if everything is hooked up via hdmi then its a non issue. Please give me as much info as possible. Thank you!

gartronics

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Garry
Well, first thing to worry about is power. I believe china uses a different plug type as well as 220 volts instead of 110. So you will need a power adapter to convert it. Then for the tv issue, I wasn't really able to find much info online about it. They use PAL and we use NTSC. I would imagine that you could hook it up via HDMI but the video being sent will still be NTSC and the resolution and frame rates are different. You may end up with a distorted image but I am not for sure. maybe their tv's can take an NTSC signal. If not, it's probably better to just buy local tech when you get there. I would imagine it is cheaper there since it is made there. Just have to buy a region free video player.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks