What's new

Moving my RPTV to my new Theatre... (1 Viewer)

Mike_Frame

Grip
Hi all,

I'm VERY excited, as my new HT is about to be completed in the next few days. Carpet goes in on Monday.

My big question is this... my HT is in the basement, and to get my RPTV (Toshiba 57HX83) into the basement, I may have to tilt it up on it's side for a second.

Has anybody had an experience with this? Will it damage the TV, or screw up my convergance or is it fairly safe to do for a short period?

Thanks!
-Mike

Bob Maged

Stunt Coordinator
Relax -- by the time your RPTV got to your house it had been moved many times (assembly line to factory warehouse, warehouse to truck, truck to reseller's warehouse, etc., etc.). Tilting it for a minute to get it into your basement will NOT kill it. (And if it does, you can buy a front projector and have a REAL hometheater :D).

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
You should be fine moving it, just treat it gently. However, certainly you may want to reconverge if it's a little off, I doubt it wouold change much but certainly worth checking anyway, and it's a quick fix.

Rajeev_s

Stunt Coordinator
And if you have too much problems moving it, you can always split the cabinet and then move it. I think your toshiba has that feature.

Legairre

Supporting Actor
I had to tilt mine 90 degrees to get it down to my basement because it was too tall and would have hit the overhang at the bottom of the stairs. No problems and it works great. I sold it about 2 months ago when I got a Sanyo Z2 projector and we did the same thing when we took it out of the basement. Since I sold it to a co worker I know it still works great.

Mike_Frame

Grip
Thanks for the info...

I hope to move my TV soon as well... I put conduit in for the projector :)

and no. My TV doesn't split... if it did, I wouldn't need to tilt it. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks