What's new

Moving from LARGE towers to a smaller profile mains... (1 Viewer)

Gary W. Graley

Second Unit
Well, have the Klipsch RF7's as mains and the RC7 for the center channel. But I'm ready to lose the size of these mains, just takes up too much landscape and also the imposing size factor. BUT, I'm not sure what to move to, I think I'd keep the RC7 as that fits just beneath the tv easily and is almost invisible but has great sound quality. SO it's a move to replace these RF7's Appreciate any options you guys/gals have to offer. My current setup consists of; Sony DA5ES Receiver Sony 685V dvd/sacd player Samsung Slimfit 30" crt HD 1080i Samsung TX-S3082WH RF7 mains RC7 center SB2 surrounds Velodyne SPL1200 subwoofer I figure to hang onto the SB2's and the sub Thanks in advance, G2

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
You'll want to make sure your front three speakers are timbre-matched, so that the sound quality does not change as things pan from one side of the screen to the other. Timbre-matched speakers use the same drivers, similar materials, cabinets and construction. That basically means you need speakers from the same manufacturer and probably from the same series among their offerings. Since the RC-7 has been discontinued, you'll probably need to contact Klipsch to find out which of their current bookshelf speakers will match up best with the RC-7.

Regards,

Joe

Gary W. Graley

Second Unit
Thanks I wondered about that, what I was looking for was really small front's saw an ad for the Axiom's but

maybe they are too small??

G2

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks