What's new

Moving from CRT to LCD/DLP projection: Need Suggestions (1 Viewer)

T r o y

Supporting Actor
I'm looking to sale my NEC 6PG crt projector and want to move to the newer lighter LCD/DLP digital front projectors. I've been out of the HT front for awhile so I don't know what models I need to be looking at in regards to features etc. I don't have a HD dvd player yet. But will move to one eventually.
Can you guys give me suggestions on models of digital front projectors that will serve my purpose for mainly hd dvd viewing and possible hd satellite??

Is there anything in the $1500 range that will do the job? I'm not looking to pour a ton of money into a new projector.

Thanks for your input,

Troy

SherardP

Stunt Coordinator
add a little bit more to your budget and grab an epson home 1080p or Sony VW50(pearl).

James Bergeron

Supporting Actor
Troy, I posted the exact same thing on AVS forum! I actually sold my 6PG today.

I'm thinking of just buying a BenQ W500 seems like a great projector for the price ($1k), I don't watch as often as I use to so I don't want to spend a great deal on a new setup. The Marantz 4001 looks good as well and only a few hundred more.

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
First you need to decide on DLP or LCD. There's quite a few nice 720p projectors for $1500 or less. My Mitsubishi HD1000 cost $850 and it's a beautiful thing.

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
hi
We are currently doing a Power Buy on the BenQ PE8720. Its price is $1999. It is a little more than your budget but it is very sweet.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
I have always been impressed with the Panasonic PT-AX100 as a good little front projector. I have seen it a couple of times while out at CEDIA and it looked good from SD to HD.

Parker

Scott98

Agent
Real Name
Scott

X2 except I would go for the PT-AX200U its more updated with 2 hdmi ports,gaming mode, and from the review below the picture is pretty much as clear as a 1080P/60 projector.. and put out twice the lumens as one since its a 720p projector, plus free 2 year overnight replacement warranty... It's going for $1299 the link to the review is below

http://www.projectorcentral.com/pana..._projector.htm

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks