Movies where you wanted more at the ending...(spoilers)..

Discussion in 'Movies' started by todd s, Jan 4, 2006.

1. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

Have you ever watched a movie and at the end you wanted some more story/explaination? My wife & I just watched Mr & Mrs.Smith and felt like the movie ended weird...like me missed something.

But, the movie I really wished had more at the ending was "School Ties". At the end it comes out that Brendan Frasiers character didn't cheat. I wanted more than his little conversation with Matt Damon and him walking away. I wanted to see how the other kids react when they all find out. Not that it would change the ones who hate him. Just felt I wanted some more story. [​IMG]

2. Raasean Asaad

Raasean Asaad Supporting Actor

Memento immediately comes to my mind.

I did not realize the pun in this statement until later....

3. DavidPla

DavidPla Cinematographer

The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (joke)

I would have to go with "Eyes Wide Shut". It was all leading up to something great and then... BAM... over.

4. george kaplan

george kaplan Executive Producer

There is one answer to this question that stands head and shoulders above all others:

Blow Up

5. BrettGallman

BrettGallman Screenwriter

Even though it's part of my favorite series of all time, I always wished the ending of Return of the Jedi were a little stronger. The SE has gone a long way in improving it; I just wish the final shot was a bit more thoughtful or powerful. As it is, it just seems like everyone is gathering for a high school group shot (as someone on this forum put it once before, I think). It wouldn't be bad if the final shot were changed to the 3 Jedi spirits, in my opinion.

6. dailW

dailW Stunt Coordinator

godfather 3

7. Joel Stein

Joel Stein Stunt Coordinator

Just about every Hammer horror movie. Plop! the body hits the ground and/or poof! the house goes up in flames, and the credits immediately roll. Jeez, even only a quick line from a surviving good guy about what has transpired over the previous hour and a half would give a little more sense of closure, rather than having the curtain drop while you are still processing what just happened.

8. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

Brett, I agree with you regarding ROTJ. In a similar note. I would have liked a little more reaction from Leia about Luke being her brother and more importantly being Vader being Daddy.

9. Chris Atkins

Chris Atkins Producer

Matrix: Revolutions. Just a little more time on the implications of everything that happened, since they went so against what we were expecting.

10. Rhoq

Rhoq Supporting Actor

Man On Fire

I realize the film is 2 and half hours long, but the final few minutes happen too fast. At this point you are so drawn into the film, that you want it to go on for another 20 minutes or so.

11. Ray H

Ray H Producer

Ray
    I was expecting a whole lot more to happen by the end of Crash (2005).

12. Shawn_KE

Shawn_KE Screenwriter

Man, the ending of that film left me sad for Washingtons character. I haven't been able to watch the movie since, and I LOVED the rest of the movie.

As for more, I'd like to see more Matrix and I'm sure Star Wars movies could come out every 3 years.

Castaway - I really wanted to see how Hanks character responded to coming back from being isolated for years. Just being around people, watching TV again, driving a car, hell even using a toilet again.

13. Lou Sytsma

Lou Sytsma Producer

Lou Sytsma
    The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (no joke)

I wanted to see the summations for the Members of the Fellowship and would have loved to see Old Sam go to the Grey Havens.

14. Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Cameron Yee
    When I first saw Se7en I was disappointed with the end. I didn't necessarily want it to be gorier than the preceding crimes, but there was something missing.

15. Kain_C

Kain_C Screenwriter

The Big Country. Great movie but ends waaaay abruptly.

16. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

I forgot another more recent movie...Broken Flowers. I am sorry. Maybe, I am just not into the art movies. But, myself, wife, friends and from what I heard other people murmering...."Did we miss something?". I thought maybe they lost a reel to the film. [​IMG]

Or it could be that the director Jarmush was too busy doing reshoots on the nude scene with that girl [​IMG] that he forgot to write the ending. [​IMG]

17. Brent Hutto

Brent Hutto Supporting Actor

Todd,

These movies like Broken Flowers are to a certain extent ink-blot tests onto which the viewer projects his or her own meaning. That said, I don't think it could have ended any way other than it did and made any sense at all.

Bill Murray's character wasn't going to suddenly find meaning in his life just because he made contact with the son he never knew he had. Plus, I think the whole thing was a setup by Julie Delpy's character anyway.

18. AlexCremers

AlexCremers Second Unit

So you did want a UFO to come out of Spacey's head?!

19. Janna S

Janna S Second Unit

Limbo. Of course, that was the point of the film. But still, I wanted more . . .

20. Josh.C

Josh.C Second Unit

Castaway is a good call. Although a very lengthy film, I too would have liked a little more of "life after the island"

A few more that come to mind are "The 13th Warrior", and "Gangs of New York". Thought both of the final fights were done way too fast. I wanted more.