What's new

movies to ask Warner for in chat? (1 Viewer)

Mark Oates

Supporting Actor
Hammer Oddities When Dinosaurs Ruled The Earth (Original European cut) and Moon Zero Two.

Call me an eternal optimist. I keep asking. My other when-hell-freezes-over title, Paramount's Those Daring Young Men In Their Jaunty Jalopies has come out, so there's always a chance.

Bill Huelbig

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bill Huelbig
I'd just like to thank them for the upcoming Smilebox edition of "How the West Was Won", but if I also got in a request for a new release it would have to be "The Devils".

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
Hmmm......what do I want the most from the Warner catalog?

My Top 3 MIA :cool:
htf_images_smilies_popcorn.gif

1. Hollywood Legends of Horror Collection Volume #2
  • Kongo (1932)
  • West of Zanzibar (1928)
  • The Mad Genius (1931)
  • The Walking Dead (1936)
  • Svengali (1931)
  • The Beast With Five Fingers (1946)
2. Dark of the Sun (1968)

3. Film Noir Classic Collection Volume #5
  • Desperate (1947)
  • The Devil Thumbs A Ride (1947)
  • The Window (1949)
  • The Mast of Dimitrios (1944)
  • Stranger on the Third Floor (1940)
  • The Threat (1949)
  • The Verdict (1946)
  • Union Station (1950)
  • Cry Terror (1958)
  • Rogue Cop (1954)

Corey

Screenwriter
-Will there be an MGM promotion next year??

-How are the classic silents (Greed, The Big Parade, Show People, The Wind, Scarlet Letter, The Student Prince, Our Dancing Daughters, etc) coming along?

-Will there be a Garbo Vol. 2 collection??

Danny Burk

Second Unit
1) Silents, please!
2) Lon Chaney #2
3) Harlow collection
4) more pre-codes!
5) Vitaphone collection (DON JUAN, WHEN A MAN LOVES, OLD SAN FRANCISCO, various shorts, etc)
6) more Garbo!

AndrewWickliffe

Second Unit
Real Name
Andrew Wickliffe
It'd be unfortunate if Warners doesn't do the chat. Though I can understand, given some of the bilious posts about them.

As for "Badlands," isn't it available on Amazon?

ted:r

Second Unit

I'd like to second this sentiment. While we would all love feature laden DVD's, the single most important thing for me is the movie. Really, besides my ever-rarer double-dipping, I don't think I've ever bought a DVD simply because of the features, or not bought a movie because it was feature-less (well, they do include that thrilling feature, "Chapter Selection". Ooohh!!!) But if the choice is between a bare-bones release (OAR, of course) and no movie, my heart is definitely in the former camp.

Of course, there is always the possibility of double dipping later, mainly for commentaries. And of course I, like many will grumble about it, and possibly pass on it. But really, once I have my little DVD with my fave rave movie on it in my hot little hands, the glass looks 99% full to me.

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
More Cinerama films in smilebox.
The money I have for Cinerma is a burning a hole -- a hole -- in my wallet.

But that is nothing compared to the money I have to spend on field-sequential 3-D DVD's of DIAL MY FOR MURDER, HOUSE OF WAX, and all the other authentic 3-D films under Warner's control.

GregK

Screenwriter

Warner's has dismissed previous HTF forum chat requests for updated 3-D video versions of their Golden Age 3-D titles. But with the recent boom in 3-D Cinema plus advancements in 3-D video, perhaps now WB will finally reconsider the advantage$ of a 3-D video release. It's a no brainer that an additional 3-D video option will easily outsell a standard '2D only' video release.

RafaelPires

Supporting Actor
If they plan to release any of these:

More Gable (Test Pilot, Chained, Forsaking all others, Idiot's delight, Honky Tonk)
Ginger Rogers (Vivacious Lady, Bachelor Mother, Primrose Path, Tom , Dick and Harry, Once Upon a Honeymoon)
Robert Taylor (Waterloo Bridge, Billy the Kid, Johnny Eager, Three Comrades, His Brother's Wife)
Spencer Tracy
Ann Sheridan
Jean Harlow (Red Dust, Bombshell, Reckless, Personal Property, Saratoga.
more Garbo
more Cagney (Taxi, Oklahoma Kid, Strawberry Blonde)
John Garfield

Film Noir Collection vol. 5
more Pre code
more Musicals

ReggieW

Screenwriter

This would certainly be my big question to WHV. I believe that if the answer is "yes", then the other MGM stuff many of us here are requesting (Silents, Harlow, Turner, Gable, Tracy, Garbo vol-2, etc.) would likely surface during that promotion.

I also believe that WHV will also consider the state of the economy before implementing another large promotion for classics.

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
Well, I would ask about the status and chances of Wheeler & Woolsey flims coming to DVD such as Diplomaniacs, Cockeyed Cavaliers, Hips Hips Hooray and Peach-O-Reno, then Joe E. Brown and of course Jean Harlow, Hildegarde Withers, any RKO plans, MGM animated shorts, shorts in general, more silents and early talkies plus More focus on comedies. Oh and The Man in Possession with Robert Montgomery and Charlotte Greenwood and Flying High with Bert Lahr.

Tony S

Stunt Coordinator
I would like for WB to release the 52 post Hal Roach Little Rascals shorts that they own, as well as the movie General Spanky.

Also I would love a Tex Avery MGM set, as well as Barney Bear and other MGM cartoons and replacement discs for Tom & Jerry Vol 3 that would include the 2 missing cartoons.

Also, the tv movie Dark Night of the Scarecrow.

Speaking of tv--more Sit-Com releases please.

Corey

Screenwriter
-Since there are still so many of them, can we please get 2 musical sets per year?

Tim_C

Stunt Coordinator
Oh, how I long for them to release more of their silent films... "The Crowd" has been my most wanted DVD for the past four years or so - and "The Big Parade" and "The Wind" and "Greed" aren't far behind on that list...

Other than that, I would love to see a Ken Russell set.

CULTMAN1

Second Unit
Real Name
Bruce Campbell
The wonderful and very moving (let alone well acted and directed) Operation Daybreak as maybe part of a War Classics Collection.

Warners, this is a hugely underrated film and deserves a DVD release soon!

Bradley-E

Screenwriter
An Anamorphic release of Peter Weir's underrated FEARLESS.

MIKE'S MURDER

SO FINE

and Blu Ray edition of....
THE BRIDGES OF MADISON COUNTY

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks