What's new

Movies that you must watch everytime they're on. (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Ever come across a movie that you enjoy so much that you must watch it every single time it comes on, even if that's a few times a month?

I have one this month that I simply cannot stop watching, it's the Ryan Reynolds and Amy Smart comedy Just Friends, to me this movie has become one of those rare addictive movies with a seemingly endless repeatability factor that I haven't experienced since Office Space and HBO has been showing it like mad lol.

Not only is the movie hilarious IMO (Ryan Reynolds is my hero in this lol) but I love the Anna Faris character lol, an utter nut job who's also remarkably sexy, sort of reminds me of Britney Spears, from a few years ago not now. :)

Anyway, anyone else have one that your drawn to and must keep on everytime you pass it on the dial?

todd s

Senior HTF Member
My wife and I have a couple...
-Replacements
-While You Were Sleeping
-Constantine (well at least me)

Stephen_L

Supporting Actor
Despite the fact that I own it on DVD, I'm compelled to watch "The Shawshank Redemption" whenever it airs. It just never seems to get old for me.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
For me, it's always...

the Back to the Future trilogy (even though I have all 3 on VHS)

Mary_P

Second Unit
"Galaxy Quest," even though I own the DVD. It's just such goofy fun.

Never give up! Never surrender!

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
The Ghost and Mr. Chicken! especially when Luther (Don Knotts is in the haunted house, and later when he testified in court). "They even tried Bon Ami!"

I spent a weird day of TV watching yesterday managing to, consecutively, catch the last 30-60 minutes of "The Core," "Deep Impact," The Sum Of All Fears," and "Mission Impossible 2," despite owning 200 better movies on DVD and a Netflix copy of Babel I still have to watch. I blame it on a St. Patrick's Day hangover (I had 8 "Irish Car Bombs" on Saturday.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

I do that all the time lol.

So agree with Galaxy Quest and Rudy! There's just something about certain movies that never ever wear out! BTW, Rudy was on quite regularly just a couple of months back on the various HBO channels and you know I watched it whenever I knew it was on. :cool:

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
If I see JAWS as I'm going through the remote onscreen circuit, I can almost hear my wife exhale slowly in that "NOT AGAIN" manner.

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
"Back To The Future", "Beverly Hills Cop", "Lethal Weapon" and "Scarface" are the ones I'll always watch. Whether it's unedited or edited, I'll always watch these movies whenever they're on. Because of my frequent viewings of these movies, I can now quote passages from these movies at length. That's fine by me, though. These movies were part of my life growing up and that's why I'll always view them.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

I'm still wondering why "Lethal Weapon" aired on Comedy Central last year.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
The Road Warrior may be #1 on my rewatched list.

Shawshank is close behind and Highlander not too far.

Though on a lot less frequently Last Starfighter and Ladyhawke are high on the list

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
The other night HDNet Movies ran Lion in Winter and A Man for All Seasons back to back--it was a long night for me.

If I'm channel surfing:

Titanic
The first We're No Angels, with Bogart and Ustinov
African Queen (not on dvd, but I have the LD)
Mildred Pierce
Any of the Hepburn/Tracy movies
Needful Things or
Just about any Stephen King adaptation
That BB gun Xmas movie (A Christmas Story?)
The Night Flyer
Blade Runner
Any Indiana Jones movie

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Speaking of A Christmas Story, every Christmas eve when they run the 24hr marathon I watch it at least 4 times before dawn lol, watching it numerous times in a row really does feel like you've just gotten off a good ride and you got right back in line to ride it again.

RyanAn

Screenwriter
Usually if there is something on TV I want to watch - I'll just watch my DVD. ;) I can't do the commercials/edited for time/content thing.

Movies I watched like mad on television were:

The Blues Brothers
Space Balls
Lethal Weapon - all 4
Back to the Future - all 3
Ghostbusters 1 and 2
Ferris Bueller's Day Off
BREAKFAST CLUB!!!

Among the thousands of others. Thank you AMC/TNT/TBS. ;)

ry

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks