What's new

Movies found on laserdisc, that are still not out on DVD... (1 Viewer)

PeterTHX

Senior HTF Member
Do movies in non-OAR count (OAR on LD but P&S on DVD), like "The Bridges of Madison County"?

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
I have a few LDs that still have no release in site on DVD. But a few i have that i didn't see listed...
Blade Runner (theatrical cut)
Night of the Creeps
Robot Carnival (anime)
Star Trek: Animated

ChristopherDAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
AE5VI
I think BLADE RUNNER was mentioned above, since only the "Director's Cut" has seen a DVD release, and I'm sure ROBOT CARNIVAL was. I have the Streamline Pictures CARNIVAL disc, though, and I hve to say that it is awful. Just bad, bad, bad. The films are OK, but the transfer is quite poor and non-OAR [can't be sure if it's cropped or open-matte, may be both in different places] and Carl Macek has a screw loose, always changing things up to suit himself. The animated STAR TREK I don't look for at all, except maybe as a "special feature" in some sort of ULTIMATE STAR TREK BOXSET.

John Watson

Screenwriter
Since this is the first time I've seen someone else mention

STEPPENWOLF (Hesse's story, with Max von Sydow), let me say I'd like it on DVD

Neal K

Agent
How about Ernst Lubitsch's 1930 film, "Monte Carlo", once a part of a Laser set I passed on, but not any other format, even VHS, and not aired on tv within the last 20 years that I've noticed.

Bob_S.

Screenwriter
How about the original and Special Edition (with extra footage) Star Trek:The Motion Picture.

BillGo

Stunt Coordinator
The Fourth Protocol
Homicide
Tap
D.C. Cab
Electric Dreams
Impulse
Time Bomb
The Keep
To Be Or Not To Be (with Mel Brooks & Ann Bancroft)

dailW

Stunt Coordinator
nate & hayes
year of the comet
the high school flick airborne

i don't know if the first one made it to LD but i like to throw it in there whenever i can

ChristopherDAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
AE5VI
Nate & Hayes: Paramount Video LV 1549. Details not available from LDDb, but it's in there, and at least one member has a copy.

Mark_Wilson

Screenwriter
To Be Or Not To Be (with Mel Brooks & Ann Bancroft) is out on DVD in many regions, Korean being the disc I have.

DouglasBr

Stunt Coordinator
My semi-annual mention of Little Dorrit (1988) with Alec Guinness, Derek Jacobi, Joan Greenwood et al. is appropriate here I think.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Bill, DC Cab has been out on dvd for a few months now.

Also, the deluxe box sets of Hunchback of Notre Dame(Disney), Wyatt Earp (Costner) and Gettysburg. While they are on dvd. These versions had footage and extras not ported over.

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
Enchanted April

I NEED this movie on DVD. Better yet...a top-drawer 108024P transfer on Blu-ray... :D :D :D

I have this DVD...with restored footage (not sure about the stereo sound).

Mark Hamilton

Stunt Coordinator
Oh just a little comedic gem called CLASS ACT. When will Warner Brothers realize that I, and probably only I, want this classic Kid n' Play film on DVD~!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks