What's new

movies filmed in and around WTC buildings? (1 Viewer)

Sean Conklin

Screenwriter
I'm sorry to go a little off topic here but... is Disney taking over Armageddon? Is Disney going to redo it or something? I haven't heard about this.
------------------
Sean
"I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates who said.......I drank what?"

DanHaya

Second Unit
The most extensive shot of the interior that I can recall are featured in the 1976 remake of King Kong.

In the final battle sequence, Jack Prescott (played by Jeff Bridges) is seen running through the lobby as Kong is climbing up one of the towers with Dwan (Jessica Lange) in tow. He takes one of the express elevators up to the observation deck and eventually takes the stairs up to the roof. I'm pretty sure that they used the actual WTC in those scenes, but obviously the exterior shots with Kong (played by famous make-up artist Rick Baker in the ape suit) climbing and standing on top are sets.

Jim A. Banville

Supporting Actor
You can bet that for the next few years, all 3 Die Hard movies will not be shown on broadcast TV. While they will probably be still for sale in the stores, I can see FOX not showing any of these films on any of their networks
I think all of these have been on F/X (owned by Fox) within the past few weeks.

And on a side note, I think they should re-build them just as they were. Of course, they should incorporate all the safety features that have been developed over the last 30 years, and they could update the interior styling, but they should look the same from the outside to show the pukes of the world that we will always survive!

Stan

Senior HTF Member
I remember reading in this forum that "The French Connection" had a shot of the towers under construction.

I never noticed it. Anyone know the time when that scene appears?

Butch C

Second Unit
If you want to see interior shots and the surrounding neighborhood when they were erect Three Days of the Condor is your best bet...it actually has a shot of the Globe that was recovered and is now in Battery Park...also try Ken Burns NEW YORK documentries...the problem with the WTC is that it was situated in an area of Manhattan that except for working hours is virtually deserted...the Battery is very antesepthic compared to locations uptown. And New Yorkers although proud of thier size really didnt relate to the WTC like they did to the Empire State, Chrystler, Flatiron, Statue of Liberty, or countless others (as seen in the Woody Allen montage). Until recently the WTC was a symbol of NY for tourists and largely ignored by residents. Case in point...28yrs a New Yorker and although I was often in the complex I never set foot into the Towers.

Stevie O

Agent
There are night-time shots of the WTC in Stuart Little, where his fake parents take him to the Mini-putt golf course

(Not sure if they are CGI or the real thing though....)

Ben_wood

Stunt Coordinator
Just watched "The Indian in the Cupboard" with the kids for the first time today. In one of the few outdoor scenes you can see the WTC. Even though it's been almost a year, it still was very unsettling to see this landmark.

StephenA

Screenwriter
They are in the Usual Suspects too. Can't remember what part, but they have a nice shot lasting maybe a couple seconds that focuses on the WTC.

PatrickL

Deceased Member
I don't think anyone has mentioned "The Wiz," which has a long musical number staged at the WTC Plaza (it's supposed to be the entrance to Oz, IIRC)

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
A few comments:

THE HOT ROCK (1972) has a lengthy helicopter flyby sequence of the WTC.

The DIE HARD movies continue to air on FX and on most other stations. So does THE TOWERING INFERNO, for that matter.

While I would object to producers removing the TTs from existing episodes of THE SOPRANOS and SEX AND THE CITY, it makes sense to reshoot or reedit the title sequences without them. The shows take place in "real" time, and the Towers, alas, no longer exist.

Douglas Kalon

Stunt Coordinator
Just got the 2-disc version of Final Fantasy on DVD. (Because they are pulling it at the end of August).

Since it takes place in a future New York, does it have the WTC in it. I watched it and didn't see them.

If they are in it, can someone give an exact location (Time) that they appear, and where in the screen they appear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks