What's new

Movie Stars - Who's still with us? (1 Viewer)

Random Hero

Second Unit
Real Name
Paul
I'm terribly sorry to be a little off-topic in this thread, but reading about all these movie stars and thinking about who is with us and who has passed away...

Would the Oscar website or any other website happen to have a clip of the tribute they did last night honoring all those who left us this past year? That's always my favorite part of the Oscars, and it turns out my DVR didn't record the show while I was gone.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Did no one here notice which section this thread was posting in? Not a Software topic, folks. We're in the Movies area now.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve

TCM/Warners has been doing this for a very long time. These often run as fillers in between movies.

I love character actors so let's salute the greatest of them all:

101 year old Charles Lane

Also,

Kay Linaker (Kate Phillips) 92
Noel Neill 85
Barbara Hale 83
Ann Rutherford 85
Bruce Bennett (Tarzan) 99 (100 later this year)
Jimmy Lydon (Henry Aldrich) 81
Frankie Thomas 84

and a big Hi-Yo to today's birthday boy

Ed "Alpo" McMahon 83

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
Charles Durning - 83
Jack Klugman - 83
Barnard Hughes - 90
Bob Newhart - 76
Frances Sternhagen - 76
Ann B. Davis - 79

todd s

Senior HTF Member
To be honest. We can't rely on studios to do the interviews. Film historians and buffs should be the ones to do it. They could could meet witht the stars either on film or on audio to discuss a film or group of films. Actually, I think it should be a requirement for all film students to interview a movie star about a particular film.

Jeffrey Nelson

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeffrey Nelson
Debbie Reynolds will be only 74 in April, but I'm putting her in anyway. Julie Andrews will be only 71 this year, in October, but I'm putting her in too.

CameronMcC

Second Unit

To be fair, I have heard several time over that the Academy has extended the honorary Oscar to Doris Day on several occasions, and she has denied the compliment. She doesn't want to be associated with Hollywood anymore, and doesn't care to be photographed or filmed.

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member

Heston was born October 4, 1923, so he's 82 now and will actually be turning 83 this October (the IMDB mistakenly lists his birth year as 1924).

Alejandro

Stunt Coordinator
Jane Russell is also still with us. I don't exactly know how old is she, she must be around 80, but she attended the Academy Awards along with Mickey Rooney and Lauren Bacall!

Richard M S

Screenwriter
I wish more people would remember Marsha Hunt, 89. She is one of the last Paramount leading ladies of the 1930's, MGM stars from the 1940's and sadly, blacklist victim of the 1950's.

I went to an autograph signing and discussion she gave about 15 months ago at the Drama Bookshop in Manhattan to publicize her wonderful and unique autobiography, The Way We Wore.

She was still sharp and seemed not at all bitter. Most of her films are not revived, but Anthony Mann's Raw Deal also starring Claire Trevor is a great film that remains available. I asked her about it and as soon as I did she said "Tony Mann!" and talked about how much she enjoyed filming it and how it gave her a chance to play a role different from her other films.

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
Jean Stapleton was mentioned above, but Maureen Stapleton (no relation) died today at 80.

Corey

Screenwriter
Evelyn Keyes-86
June Allyson-88
Lena Horne-88, will be 89 in June
Marsha Hunt-88

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
I can't believe Max Von Sydow is "only" 76. He's always looked older than his age. When he did The Exorcist I assumed he was in his 50s or 60s, but he was only 42 at the time.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Just got my autograph request back from Ernest Borgnine. I sent him a 3x5 card to sign. But, by accident I sent 4 cards. So when I got it back. He was kind enough to sign all 4 of them. :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks