What's new

Movie soundtracks (1 Viewer)

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
One of my favourite Bond soundtracks is Bill Conti's for For Your Eyes Only (1981). The expanded CD album (19 no. tracks in total) is worth getting. I'd say this one has the edge over The Spy Who Loved Me's soundtrack.

Does the CD soundtrack for A View to a Kill (1985) contains the pieces of music where Bond and Tibbett arrive at Zorin's French chateau, and after Bond follows Stacey Sutton from San Francisco City Hall?

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Forthcoming CD soundtracks available for pre-order (source: Screen Archives):

Assassino Al Cimitero Etrusco (aka The Scorpion with Two Tails) (1982) - late September
The Debt (2010) - mid-October
Dolphin Tale (2011) - 11th October
il Mostro E In Tavola...Barone Frankenstein (aka Flesh for Frankenstein) (1973) / Dracula Cerca Sangue Di Vergine...E Mori Di Sete!!! (aka Blood for Dracula) (1974) - mid-October
il Sole Nella Pelle (aka A Summer Affair) (1972) - early October
Indagine Su Un Delitto Perfetto (aka The Perfect Crime) (1978) - mid-October
I Senza Dio (aka Sentence of God) (1972) / ...E Intorno a Lui Fu Morte (aka Death Knows No Time (1969) - mid-October
Johnny English Reborn (2011) - 25th October
La Banchiere (aka The Lady Banker) (1980) - late September
Lord of Illusions (1995) - late October
Men in War (1957) - early October
Music from the Transformers Trilogy - 14th October
The Music of Battlestar Galactica For Solo Piano - late September
The Presence (2010) - 4th October
Real Steel (2011) - 1st November
Sardegna (1972) - late September
Sartana Non Pardona (aka Sartana Does Not Forgive) (1968) - early October
Science Fiction's Finest - Volume 1 - late September
Si Puo Fare...Amigo (aka Can De Done) (1972) - mid-October
Spia Spione / Riuscira' il Nostro Eroe a Ritrovare il Diamante Piu' Grosso Del Mondo? (1971) / Colpo Di Sole (1968) - early October
Tower Heist (2011) - 1st November
Veruschka (1971) - late September
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine - 20th September.

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
Thanks for the list. Krizterland announced a 1200 copy release of Hans Zimmer's Thelma & Louise and sold out within 24 hours (I was lucky enough to snag a copy from SAE). I recently picked up two Jerry Goldsmith expanded scores from LaLaLand Records - Forever Young and Sleeping with the Enemy. It seems like it is a great time to be a score fan!

I am a big fan of Bear McCreary as well and hope to pick up the Piano Solos of his BSG themes soon. LaLaLand will be releasing a 2-Disc soundtrack of his score from the short-lived NBC series The Cape that I am very interested in picking up!

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
I'd like to see more soundtracks released for obscure or little known/cult movies.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Forthcoming CD soundtracks available for pre-order (source: Screen Archives):
Andremo In Citta' (1966) - no release date on pre-order page
Dumbstruck (2010) - mid-October
The Fall of the Roman Empire (2CD) (1964) - 18th October
The First Nudie Musical (1976) - late October
The Greatest Miracle (El Gran Milagro) (2011) - mid-October
I Don't Know How She Does It (2011) - 1st November
L'Orchestra Rossa - no release date on pre-order page
Moby Dick: A Cantata / Sinfonetta - 25th October
Probabilita' Zero (1969) - no release date on pre-order page
Sin Noticias De Dios (2001) / Nadie Hablara De Nosotras Cuando Hayamos Muerto (1995) - mid-October.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Some more forthcoming CD soundtracks (source: Screen Archives):

Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers (Expanded Edition) (1988) - late October
Princess Ka'Iulani (2009) - 18th October
Summer and Smoke (1961) - late October
The Thing - Music from the Motion Picture (1982) - late October.

Looking forward to the Expanded Edition of Halloween 4's soundtrack.

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
I just ordered The Thing - it's a re-recording of Morricone's stuff with Alan Howorth's additional music added fully back in. Looking forward to it (expecially since I watch The Thing every year on Halloween).

I also snagged a copy of The Greatest Miracle (El Gran Milagoro) which, from the clips available, sounds beautiful.

Don't forget that Intrada is releasing Elmer Bernstein's The Rampage as well - that sounds excellent as well, but I have picked up way too many scores lately and need to be a little more selective...

Thanks again for the updates.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Out of the recent new titles Halloween 4 is lower in price compared to normal ($16.95). The usual price of new CD soundtracks on Screen Archives is $19.95.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Forthcoming CD soundtracks (source: Screen Archives):

The Alfred Hitchcock Hour, Volume 2 (3CD) - week of 24th October
The Ides of March (2011) - 1st November
The Karate Kid, Part II (1986) - week of 24th October
Midway (1976) - week of 24th October
Trading Places (1983) - 18th October.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Some forthcoming CD soundtracks available for pre-order (source: Screen Archives):

Eroina G.I.N.C. - late October
Humanoids from the Deep (1980) - early November
Incontro (Romance) (1971) - early November
In Time (2011) - 29th November
I Solisti Di Armando Trovajoli - I Marc 4 - late October
La Colt Era il Suo Duo (1972) - early November
The Lost Skeleton Returns Again (2009) - late October
Mi Chiamavano Requiescat... Ma Avevano Sbagliato (1973) - early November
The Rum Diary (2011) - 29th November
The Satanic Rites of Dracula (1973) - early November
Shaolin (2011) - 1st November
The Skin I Live In (2011) - 29th November
Tiberio Mitri - il Campione E La Miss (2011) - no release date given on pre-order page.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Does a CD version of the Sudden Impact movie soundtrack with the Roberta Flack song This Side of Forever included as one of the tracks exist? It was played over the end credits of the film, and was I think included on the LP version.

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Thanks for your reply Neil. Have got the CD soundtracks for The Enforcer and The Dead Pool. Think I may ask Screen Archives if there are plans to re-release the soundtrack with the Roberta Flack song.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Some forthcoming CD soundtracks available for pre-order (source: Screen Archives):

The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn (2011) - 13th December
Alla Conquista Dell'Arkansas (Massacre at Marble City) (1964) - early November
The Awakening (2011) - 15th November
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang (1968) - early November
Dove Vai il Vizietto Non Ce L'Hai? (1979) - early November
E Tu Vivrai Nel Terrore... L'Aldila' (1981) - early November
Exorcist II: The Heretic (1977) - mid December
Hugo (2011) - 8th November
Immortals (2011) - 8th November
Le Mani Sulla Citta' (1963) / Salvatore Giuliano (1962) / il Caso Mattei (1972) - early November
Psalm 21 (2009) - 8th November
Puss in Boots (2011) - 15th November
War Horse (2011) - 21st November.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Have emailed Screen Archives, asking if the Sudden Impact CD soundtrack will be re-released with This Side of Forever by Roberta Flack included. It won't be.

Was it released on one of her albums?

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Forthcoming CD soundtracks (source: Screen Archives):

Tequila (2011) - mid November
Without Men (2011) - mid November.

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
Oh I am most certainly interested. I'll be picking this one up. LLL also just announced Space: Above and Beyond 3 CD set (Shirley Walker's score to the short-lived Fox Sci-fi show). I'll start a thread for film score press releases and start posting them here as they come out to keep us all aware of what and when. It really is a great time to be a score fan!

Originally Posted by TravisR /t/261380/movie-soundtracks/30#post_3866335
I doubt it's of interest to anyone but me but La La Land is releasing a box set of the first six Friday The 13th scores on Friday, January 13 and it's limited to 1,300 copies.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Originally Posted by TravisR /t/261380/movie-soundtracks/30#post_3866335
I doubt it's of interest to anyone but me but La La Land is releasing a box set of the first six Friday The 13th scores on Friday, January 13 and it's limited to 1,300 copies.
You're not the only one who's interested in this title. Found out about it yesterday. I'm assuming you won't be able to order it until 13th January (I know that with some of La La Land Records' past titles I've purchased, you couldn't pre-order a title, instead having to order it on a certain date (like with the Lone Gunmen, Millennium and X Files CDs/CD boxsets).

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Originally Posted by Neil Middlemiss /t/261380/movie-soundtracks/30#post_3866535
Oh I am most certainly interested. I'll be picking this one up. LLL also just announced Space: Above and Beyond 3 CD set (Shirley Walker's score to the short-lived Fox Sci-fi show). I'll start a thread for film score press releases and start posting them here as they come out to keep us all aware of what and when. It really is a great time to be a score fan!
Many thanks for doing that Neil. Updating this thread with some of the new CD soundtrack/CD score album releases listed on Screen Archives (example being that the Friday the 13th Parts I-VI CD boxset is only available from La La Land Records), has to be done once or twice a week, because they're constantly adding new titles each week.

Was going to get the Space: Above and Beyond Region 1 DVD set, but there were supposed to be extras or more extras than there were in the set. What drew me to that series was a reference in the Millennium episode "The Beginning and the End", and the fact that James Morrison and Kristen Cloke star in the series.

For a short period of time Joe Harnell CD score releases from episodes of The Incredible Hulk TV series (the Bill Bixby, Jack Colvin and Lou Ferrigno series) were being released, and then they stopped (plenty more episodes left which they could have released CD score albums for).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks