What's new

Movie sequences that UNNERVED YOU... (1 Viewer)

Jake Johnson

Second Unit
The scene in In The Bedroom where The girl's husband comes back and shoots her boyfriend, and they pan down and briefly show where the bullet entered his eye.
I can't watch that scene again.

The beginning scene of NARC. If you have seen it, you know what I'm talking about.

The Brazilian camcorder scene on Signs.

Multiple scenes in Session 9.

Every single second of The Elephant Man.

Glitter. I wanted to kill myself after that.

Matt Pasant

Second Unit
Black Hawk Down - After all hell breaks loose in the Mog and a 45 minute firefight follows with hardly any break in the action... After the scene, it felt like I had run 10 miles... so draining

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
Scott,

To be fair to Jules, it was Vincent who blew the kids head off in the back of the car. Remember Jules line while cleaning the car? "...and why the fuck am I on brain detail?" :)

Nothing at all about The Ring disturbed me, other than I wasted 90 minutes of my life on it. ;)

-Dean-

David_N

Stunt Coordinator
The whole scene in Hannibal where the inspector is tied down and the blink once or twice scene:
Bowels in or out.....your confused.....I'll choose for you.
scene didn't bother me in the least. :confused:

And I'll second the the Blair Witch Project. From their first night in the woods to the very end was one major nervous buildup on my nerves.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Saving Private Ryan - the knife fight sequence between the Nazi and US soldier.

The struggle for the US soldier as he tries to keep the knife from entering him.

The part that really gets me is the sssshhhing by the Nazi soldier as the US soldier weakens and the knife enters him.

That scene always freaks me out.

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter
I'll second the Misery hobbling scene. That was just so intense...

I'll also go for the dinner scene in Hannibal. I had such a weird reaction to it the first time I saw it. I was laughing and screaming at the same time. A lot of other people seemed to be having a similar reaction. It was a sight to see for sure.

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Tim, good call on Black Hawk Down...that got me squirming too. Icky.

The tv crawling in The Ring was spooky. And I thought DLP rainbows were bad. :D

Terry St

Second Unit
A lot of people really don't think BWP is scary at all, and many actively hate it.
I think the Blair Witch Project did an admirable job of building tension and matches the sort of film the thread starter is looking for. However, it has almost no rewatchability. I enjoyed it the first time, but never want to see it again.

Rashomon: The whole film builds tension nicely. For me the height of tension was during the dead husbands version of the incident, although it never really lets up.
The Passion of Joan of Arc: The incrediable performances in this film leave you in dread of what they're going to do to the poor girl next, even though almost nothing is explicit other than an obviously real blood-letting.
North by Northwest: The scene where the protagonist stands on dusty stretch of road awaiting his rendevous. The suspense is even more delicious when you know what that crop-duster in the background is going to do.
Das Boot: The scene where the sub is sunk off the Straits of Gibraltar.

Paul W

Second Unit
When Samara crawled out of the TV. To steal a quote from "Crazy People": It fucked me up for life.

:eek:
:D

I don't think any other horror scene has come close to creeping me out like that.

DaveGR

Stunt Coordinator
Id say several moments in Psycho,Rear Window,Sabateur,The Birds, the Ending of Se7en. several others as well. those are a few im thinking of

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
Two movie moments that give me the willies:

The Believers
When Martin Sheen's wife is electrocuted in the opening moments of the film

and

Cliffhanger
When Sly drops that poor woman to her death

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Im a pretty detached guy and its very rare something I see in a movie will bother me. But heres a couple:

American History X - The teeth on the curb scene.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre - Already mentioned meathook scene. But then again I was a teenager when I saw it.

I just saw Irreversible and I have to say it didnt bother me as much as I thought it would

Joseph Young

Screenwriter
A lot of really good references here...
As for me:

Deliverance (just as disturbing in the book)
The Believers (opening sequence has always really bothered me.. because it portrays a random death in a very realistic manner).
Certain scenes from Session 9. The film didn't hold up for me, but they filmed that in an actual abandoned sanitarium and god.. that scene in the tunnel.
Excorcist 3 The hospital hallway scene. The first time in my life I got chills of fear watching a movie.
Blair Witch Project. This is the second time in my life that a movie ever gave me actual chills of fear. And I've seen a lot of horror films over the years.
Kafka: the scene where Jeremy Irons is being chased by the... the 'thing.' Oh my god, so freaky.

~j

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Jaws where Hooper and Brody go out on the ocean in the middle of the night, find Ben Harper's drifting boat, and Hooper decides to go under the boat and investigate. You just know something's gonna happen...then there's the payoff! Eeeeeek!!! :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks