What's new

Movie sequels we actually WANT to see. (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
With all of these great films being made right now like Monster's Inc., Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, The Matrix, and of course the continuation of the Star Wars saga, it occured to me that the sequels to these films are prime examples of ones that we actually WANT to see.
But what about other film's? What are some of your favorite movie's that you would want to see a sequel to? Please give an explanation as to why you think a sequel is warrented for your chosen movies.
Example, if you feel that their is a certain story element that you thought should have been explored further in a sequel.
Maybe we can spark some creativity in Hollywood, and they'll give us more sequels we want to see, GOOD sequels, instead of one's like 'Jason X'.:rolleyes

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
I would love to see a sequel to Zero Effect. I thought the characters involved had a huge amount of potential. I could just imagine the chaos that Daryl's life would become after losing Steve Arlo and his quarry from the first film, and tries to coax Arlo back to reinstate his stability.
Of course, the this has a lot of potential to suck if badly handled, so it would really need a story with the same caliber of writing to drive it as well.

Sean Conklin

Screenwriter
Hey John whats up?

I think "Christine" NEEDS a sequel, I mean the chrome was still moving!

I think some new "shitter" needs a ride!

Have you seen the Christine DVD? Beautiful!!!

I love this movie so much I would buy the sequel sight unseen.

And would it be right to ask for a "Back to the Future 4"

And... I would like to see a "Red Planet 2" (I know, but I love this movie)

Danny Knapp

Stunt Coordinator
I would of liked to see a sequel to Blade Runner...I want to know what happens to Decker and Rachael!
While I'd love to see Back to the Future 4 also, I have no idea while they would go with it since they pretty much settled everything in the third movie. (We need these on DVD...somebody...help....)
I know it's dumb...but I'd actually see a sequel to Gladiator also. I LOVE that movie! I have no clue as to what would happen in it...maybe Maximus' earlier career as a general??
And Star Wars Episodes VII, VIII, and IX should be made!! The fans will always be there, so why not finish the whole thing?? George Lucas should really consider doing them. He needs closure, hee hee.
I want to see more Bond movies also, I can never get enough of 007!
htf_images_smilies_popcorn.gif

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
What's up Sean! Oh yeah, i've seen the 'Christine' dvd, in fact I have it, and it looks gorgeous in anamorphic!
It's so funny that you mentioned a sequel to this film! I'VE always thought that that bitch on wheels could return and seek vengeance on a now grown Dennis, she's probably still pissed about Arnie's death too!
I also think that another 'Back to the Future' film is plausable, I mean with all of the mess that Marty and the Doc made of the space time continuam, I think with a room full of good writer's they could probably make a whole new trilogy out of that story line!

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
I'd love a decent follow-up to CONAN The Barbarian. A few years ago rumors were floating around that Arnold and Millus were going to adapt & film Robert E Howard's HOUR OF THE DRAGON. Too bad this project fell through.

Although if FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING does well it may spark an interest in Mature Fantasy in Hollywood and then maybe this project will get off the ground. Arnold is at the right age to play an aging King Conan.

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
Sequels to the superhero movies are something I desire. I know that there will a sequel to X-Men and I'm looking forward to it, but I want sequels to Batman (keep Schumacher and Goldsman as FAR away as fucking possible this time) and I'd like to see another Superman movie. With the right people attached to the films, they could return to form and be very entertaining.

As for sequels to movies like The Matrix and Blade Runner, absolutely not. Blade Runner in particular is such a great achievment in filmmaking that I'm afraid a sequel would do nothing but disappoint. Even though I like The Matrix (I'm of the opinion that it will be our generations Tron) and I don't find it anywhere near as good as Blade Runner I still don't desire the sequels because the first was such an influencial film.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
I'd love to see sequels for the following movies, but only if the original casts were to return:
The Breakfast Club
The Goonies
Ferris Bueller's Day Off
The Thing :)

Sean Conklin

Screenwriter
John,
I agree on BTTF, but I'm afraid it would only work with Michael J Fox and Christopher Lloyd, and I'm not sure MJF could do it with his health condition :frowning: , I'm very disturbed by MJF's condition, he is such a talented actor, I do not think he's ever made a film I didn't like!!
I actually get a little depressed after watching the Trilogy, I just want more!! As soon as Doc shows up in the Time Train in BTTF 3, I know it's over and I get a little sad. I know, I have some serious love for BTTF!
At least I can be thankful my VHS copies are still in decent shape!
And I know they could do something great with Christine 2!!
Scott: Ferris Bueller's day off WORK? Maybe it would work if he has his own son take the the day off?
And Breakfast Club 2, Yeah, that would be great!

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
- O Brother Where Art Thou, Part II

Basically, it would be a southern fried retelling of The Ilyad (sic). I loved OBWAT a lot...it's my favorite 2000 movie.

- Shrek 2

I thought this was the best of 2001. If they can get the same talent (directors, writers, voice actors) from the first movie, it'll be just as good. There's still plenty of fairy tales to poke fun at...

- UHF II (VHF?)

A very underrated movie (which was wrongly trashed by critics) could have a great sequel if released in conjunction with Weird Al's next ALbum. There's still a lot of movies to parody...

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
This is a tough poll - I think many movies just work as standalones; adding a sequel may degrade the original. What I prefer would be "cast" sequels - in other words, the same cast playing different characters in a different setup...but that's another poll, methinks. :)
Back to this poll... how about
Unbreakable - a "Wrath of Khan" type sequel: Willis vs Jackson.
Spaceballs (II - The Search For More Money) - the time is at hand to spoof the new Star Wars films

Ryan Donovan

Stunt Coordinator
Unbreakable. When I heard it was a trilogy, I was so excited! There was a very cool style about it that could just make two more movies work. We've seen the origin story, now show us what David Dunn does next...

Bill J

Senior HTF Member
It would be interesting to see two more sequels to 2001: A Space Odyssey. The only two books left in the series are 2061: Odyssey Three and 3001: The Final Odyssey.

Adil M

Supporting Actor
I'd like to see Titanic 2...

ya' right.

I'm looking forward to Ruch Hour 3. You know how old Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker will be by then.

CTHD2- under another title of course.

TS3

Willow 2

Austin Powers 3

Xmen 2

How about Home Alone 4 and Problem Child 12, again kidding?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks