What's new

Movie scene compilations you'd like to see.. (1 Viewer)

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
About 15 years ago when Hollywood was celebrating 75 years of cinema, there was a 5 minute or so reel shown in theaters of "Famous Clips." I think it had music from The Natural playing over it and would have included Garland clicking ruby footwear, Cagney shouting, "Toppa the world Ma!" and Bogart, "...lookin' at you kid." Oh yeah, and, "R o s e b u d."
When it was over, no matter how often I saw it, my chest was tight and there were tears in my eyes. So much emotion, so much of your life, packed into a few moments.
Of course we want to see the Wizard, White Heat, White House and Citizen Cane complete, but do you ever want to collect a few favorite scenes on a disc?
When Twin Peaks was being broadcast I knew that my life would not be complete until I had the "Dances of Shelly & Donna" all strung together. The saddle shoes, the plaid skirts, the lesbian overtones.
Before that it was Natalie Wood and bubblegum..(I'm detecting a strange theme here)..throughout her career, Miss Wood blew bubbles onscreen. I want them all together.

John Watson

Screenwriter
Great Idea!!

(Have to say that, because I've had it for years) One of the first I would like is a DVD-movie with a couple of hours of some of the best numbers from some musicals - the dream dance scene in OKLAHOMA, or the racetrack number in MY FAIR LADY - to start with.

As for the best erotic scenes from good movies, well, OF COURSE!!!!!:emoji_thumbsup:

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
I want to see a compilation of all the scenes that take place in police stations that feature the obligatory hookers or dirty looking criminals. Close Encounters even had one as a deleted scene. A police station scene isn't complete without a grimey looking character sitting in a chair talking to an officer behind a desk or standing up in handcuffs arguing or wrestling the cops. Also a group of hookers, usually leering at the character just brought in is traditional. I think they even use the same extras in every movie.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
"Looney Tunes In Concert"

Basically a parody film of Fantasia featuring complete (or perhaps missing credits and stuff for narrative reasons) clips of musical Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies. The bridging segments would parody Fantasia and Fantasia 2000.

Raymond_H

Stunt Coordinator
About 15 years ago when Hollywood was celebrating 75 years of cinema, there was a 5 minute or so reel shown in theaters of "Famous Clips." I think it had music from The Natural playing over it and would have included Garland clicking ruby footwear, Cagney shouting, "Toppa the world Ma!" and Bogart, "...lookin' at you kid." Oh yeah, and, "R o s e b u d."
Is there anywhere on the internet, retail stores, etc... where that 5 minute compliation can be viewed?

I'm a sucker for things like those, and is the only reason why I watch award shows like the Oscars or those events is to see those compliations put together. Most are nicely done and by your description it seems that is as well.

Ray

Kirk Tsai

Screenwriter
Is there anywhere on the internet, retail stores, etc... where that 5 minute compliation can be viewed?
Precious Images. I've seen it five times, but all on film, never on home video. IMDB does not list any merchandise release. I agree that it achieves a great effect, a genuine love for the movies.

Raymond_H

Stunt Coordinator
Precious Images. I've seen it five times, but all on film, never on home video. IMDB does not list any merchandise release. I agree that it achieves a great effect, a genuine love for the movies.
Thanks.

I searched on Yahoo, and the first link gave me this,

Precious Image Exhibit

Apparently its an exhibit for sale, but there is no price listed.

Also it is listed as Chuck Workman who directed/produced the piece.

Ray

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks