What's new

Directors Movie quotes that define you or your personality? (1 Viewer)

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
quite interesting. i just dont see how it could be anything other than giga, unless you see it in the movie. i always thought it was jigo, until i got to science class in middle school and learned about prefixes. still trying to find the jigo one :)

and ive seen quite a few spelling errors on subtitles, i wouldnt JUST go by what they say. but i saw it in the theaters at age 7, it will always sounds like jigowatts to me. since there are 2 valid ways to say the same word, and we never see the real one in print, i dont see how it can be anything but gigawatts. leave it up to doc brown to start all this debate :)

please excuse the crudity of this reply, i didnt have time to build it to scale or to paint it.

CJ

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I assume this is reference to my Doc Brown quote. As others explained, it's "giga." I might have the quote phrased wrong, but I've got the scientific prefix spelled right. However, it's arguable that it should be "giga-watts." Hyphens still confound me on occaision.

Also, "its" it's. :)

"There is no spoon." -- The Matrix

Chris Stainton

Second Unit
"If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes." - Roy Batty - Blade Runner

I've always loved this line because people see me and think they know what kind of person I am. They don't have a clue, and would be shocked at things in my personal life. It's like the old expression, "Never judge a book by it's cover".

Greg_C_T

Second Unit
"It's not how far you go, it's how go you far." - Dave Marshak, Ski School

"I could dance with you 'til the cows come home. Better still, I could
dance with the cows 'til you come home. Oh Christ, I've come."
- Ibid.

Ashley Rose C

Auditioning
Harry Burns: There are two kinds of women: high maintenance and low maintenance.
Sally Albright: Which one am I?
Harry Burns: You're the worst kind. You're high maintenance but you think you're low maintenance

When Harry Met Sally...

When i told my fiancee this he laughed hard and said yes that is you...and i got my feelings hurt at first because i didnt think he would say that..and then i realized what i just did and laughed....proving the quote right...;)

Shad R

Supporting Actor
"What if there is no tomarrow? There wasn't one today!"-Groundhog Day
Same job...day in...day out...

"I got robbed by a sweet old lady on a motorized cart..and I didn't even see it comming!"-Dumb and Dumber...cause I'm too nice and sometimes ppl take advantage of it

"That Woman deserves her revenge"-KIll Bill 2...just kidding

"She turned me into a Newt!" Holy Grail...still just kidding

RichP

Second Unit
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies." - Andy Dufresne The Shawshank Redemption

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Not from a movie, but was my sig quote for 2 years....

"With that in mind, I humbly add my own prophecy of what the dawn of the new millennium shall bring forth: one thousand more years of the same.. old...crap."
-Millennium,Jose Chung

"Conan, what is best in life? Crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentations of the women"
-Conan the Barbarian,Conan

(Just kidding)

MikeEn

Stunt Coordinator
"For a man, money is tits."

Andrew Fulsome explaining the laws of attraction to his pal in "Grad School."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks