What's new

movie moments - the biggest laugh you've had (spoilers, of course) (1 Viewer)

Philip_T

Supporting Actor

That scene is so funny, it almost has me on the floor just remembering it.

Austin Powers Tom Arnold's courtesy flush scene.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
Dumb and Dumber: The scene in the diner with the hot peppers and where they discuss Petey's death.

There's Something About Mary: "I work with retards" and Puffy on speed. THe latter scene made me laugh so hard I nearly threw up.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
There's somethign about Mary: "I work with retards"
Yes! He often gets overlooked when "Mary" is discussed but Matt Dillon is SOLID GOLD in that movie. A great casting choice there (Dillon's not generally known for comedy) and the guy nearly steals the whole movie.

Chuck Anstey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chuck Anstey
This wasn't in the movie but is one of my "I'm going to die laughing" moments.

In the outtakes of Toy Story 2 when Wheezy tries to catch the microphone the second time. "I think I swallowed my squeaker!". It took about 10 minutes before I could watch the rest of the outtakes. I was still laughing about it the next morning and I am laughing now remembering it.

Chuck Anstey

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
A movie that was never given its due, Kingpin, the whole way through. Randy Quaid and Woody Harrelson give you no opportunities to breathe, and once Bill Murray kicks into overdrive at the end, your lungs are in danger.

My friend Ty literally wet himself a little bit while we were in the theater over the "we don't have a cow..." scene.

susanna

Auditioning
Real Name
Susanna
I mentioned it on another thread but one of my all time favs is when the little boy is running from the train in Stand By Me.

I also thoroughly enjoy when the man (whoever) slams the woman (whoever) up against the wall in an attempt at sensuality. It's particularly amusing when you can tell the actors don't like each other. There are several of the love scene staples that I think are hysterical.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I think one of the biggest laughs I had in quite a while came in The New Guy. Yes, you read that right. It actually came during the closing credits and was the only funny thing in the whole movie.

Probably no spoiler needed here.

The guy was riding off in the sunset with Eliza an a horse, when the horse rears up and the girl goes flying. I'm not sure why, but it completely cracked me up. I played that scene about 10 times.

Brian Perry

Senior HTF Member
Vacation

The scene where Chevy Chase falls asleep while driving. It wasn't just that he was asleep, but how his head was tilted, that made this scene hilarious.

Neighbors

Vic's wife accuses Earl at the dinner table--"you had your hand in my bush." There are many great scenes in this vastly underrated movie (not yet on DVD), but this one was one of the funniest.

This Is Spinal Tap

These go to 11...

Ace Ventura 2

The "White Devil" fight scene or Trying to get out of the rhino.

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
While I hated the movie for the most part, there was one gag in Looney Tunes: Back in Action that almost made me fall out of my seat, and that was the bit with the cartoon Shaggy (voiced by Casey Kasem) bitching out Matthew Lillard for getting him wrong in the live action Scooby Doo movie. It was just so well done, right down to the stilted animation for Shaggy and Kasem is always hilarious when he loses his temper :)

Timo_T

Auditioning
South Park:
Doctor experimenting the v-chip on Cartman.

Life of Brian:
Soldiers trying not to laugh when Pilate constantly mentions Biggus Dickus

Ace Ventura:
Ace demonstrating that the balcony glass is sound-proof

Office Space:
Opening traffic scene

Hot Shots! Part Deux:
Saddam in the jeep with the dog nose, ears and some fur

Luis Esp

Supporting Actor
Jurassic Park: when the T-Rex is attacking the kids in the jeep, I don't know but I found the whole scene hilarious. The rest of the audience in the theater didn't appreciate my laughter though.

Sister Act: To this day the scenes with the signing nuns still makes me laugh and the whole movie in general gives me a good feel buzz no matter how many times I've seen it. Will never see the sequel though.

Mrs. Doubtfire: especially the He/she scene with Robin Williams and his kids, that had my entire family crying.

Frank Grimes

Second Unit
Fight Club: Scene where members have to start a fight. The guy knocking down the priests bible and spraying it with his hose had me rolling (as well as the camera man, according to commentary that would be the reason one can notice a very subtle camera bouncing).

Shane S.

Stunt Coordinator
BASEketball..whole movie is hysterical.

Old School...Again the whole movie is hysterical

Anger Management...Jack is just damn funny

Swingers...the whole Bear with the claws and fangs

Spaceballs...the asshole family, and ludicrous speed.

Zoolander...The scene where the girl (can't remember her name) is telling Zoolander and Hansel about how she was the fat/ugly girl in school and Zoolander blurts out eww. that just caught me so by suprise.

Waterboy...the sheet on the line....

there is just so many more I could list as I am a huge fan of comedies and I have laughed out loud while reading other peopels posts several times, garnering strange looks from my wife.

Dean Kousoulas

Second Unit
Couple more I can think of...

Groundhog day: Murray's entire "I make the weather" speech to the officer. "Pal, you got that mosture on your head"

The Money Pit: The exploding kitchen scene and when Tom Hanks smashed his finger with the hammer. OUCH!

Shane, what part of Connecticut do you live in? I live in Stamford and can't find the LOTR trilogy playing in any theaters in the local area.

Dean

Robert Anthony

Senior HTF Member
wow--I like to think I'm a highbrow kind of guy, but I'm looking at this list I typed..and man...

(apologies beforehand--there are a few profanities all over this post--because apparently profane things crack me the hell up. If you're offended by those things, you'll probably wanna skip this post)

South Park: The instant the "uncle fucka" song starts to the instant it ends. I knew, going in, that they were going to cuss, and I was like "Well, that novelty is going to wear off if it's just a regular episode with no bleeps" and then I sit down--and for 5-10 minutes, there's no profanity. I'm mildly amazed. And then Terrence and Philip come on. The entire theater I was with just ROLLED. Could have heard us down the street--and then the Fart solo came in. Maaaaaaaaaaan, total pandemonium. was ALMOST equaled when Saddam kept fishing dildoes out from under the covers, and the big "Kyle's Mom is a Big Fat Bitch" dance number.

The Usual Suspects:

"We have people who can put you in Queens on the night of the hijack."
"Oh, really? I LIVE in Queens. You got a team of monkeys working around the clock on this?"
"You know what'll happen to you if you go into the joint on this?"
"Uh..I fuck your father in the shower and have a snack?"

The "Gimme the fuckin keys you fuckin cocksuckin motherfucking blarbhabhabhabahb" scene is a close second.

Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls:

This movie, I think, exists SOLELY to have the mechanical Rhino sequence in it. At first it's just mildly funny, and when he realizes he has to get out, it's a little funnier--but the instant he gets his face near the hole, the noises and faces Carrey make just kill it. I can't help but pause the movie and laugh for like, 5 minutes. Every time. And I've seen it around 10 times. It might just possibly be the single funniest thing Carrey's ever done on film. the little girl's worried "Mommy?!" caps it all off.

There's Something About Mary:

"FWANKS AND BEEENS!" that whole sequence. I think when the cop just happens to show up out of nowhere is where I'm totally lost and I'm fighting to regain breath and listen to what's happening at the same time.

"I'll get the bactine."

Matt Dillon's "I'm nice to retards" speech is hilarious, too, with those capped teeth. "His name is Mungo. We let him off the chain and run around every now and again. He likes to dig, yunno."
"You keep him on a chain?"
"He's got a pretty big cage."

it was something like that.

Clerks: The Jay and Silent Bob explain it all scene. just the idea of Jay trying to console Dante is funny by itself, at that point, but how he does it is classic

"My grandmother used to say..if you got a plate--oh, no wait, I fucked up. Okay--What good is a plate with nothing on it?"
"....meaning?"
"Fuck if I know, my grandmother's senile. She used to fuckin piss herself. And shit herself."

And then he's just totally vicious to Dante for absolutely no reason. That and his "YEAH!" to the woman after Randal kicks her out of the store are the high points of that flick.

The Ref:

"You know what I'm going to get you next Christmas, Mom? A big wooden cross, so that every time you feel unappreciated for your sacrifices, you can climb on up and nail yourself to it."

That movie never gets the credit it deserves. A pretty good script, and Kevin Spacey, Denis Leary and Judy Davis at their nastiest. Just narrowly beats out Ruthless People and Down and Out in Beverly Hills as the most cynical, mean-spirited comedies I enjoy.

The Big Lebowski:

The dropped joint/put out the joint with the 40/crash the car into the dumpster scene dropped me. And the utterly nonsensical cut from Walter and Dude over to Jesus, polishing his bowling ball with a joy usually reserved for winning a gold medal. That was the one and only time I ever fell out of my chair laughing, literally.

Ghostbusters is eminently quotable.

And last but not least, Kingpin:

"I don't know what it is about great sex that makes me want to take a crap!"
(sounds of Munson puking)
"Oh, shut up, you liked it."

And then the movie ending with her doing the mark of the beaver in the rearview.

I'm a lot more lowbrow and mean-spirited than I thought. ;)

Jack Theakston

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jack Theakston
The Producers: the first ten minutes = comedy gold. Gene Wilder's tyrade and Zero Mostel's insane apparel gets me every time.

Office Space: everything. People asking me to do Lumbergh impressions still haunt me, though.

Johnny English: did poorly at the B.O., but made me appreciate Rowan Atkinson's talents as not only a slapstick comedian, but delivering lines well, too.

PS Nystrom

Second Unit
For the Birds
This is the short that ran in front on Monsters, Inc. in the theater. I was doubled over with laughter. I recently broke it out for some extended family who hadn't seen it before on the MI DVD and howled with laughter yet again.

Pieter

Brian W.

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
I've always thought the snotty cashier in Terms of Endearment was hilarious: "Can I have the register key? She doesn't have enough money!" Also Shirley MacLaine's hair mess in the car.

The diarrhea scene in "Dumb and Dumber," especially, "Don't use the toilet -- it doesn't flush."

Annie Hall: "I used to be a heroin addict, now I'm a methodone addict."

Play It Again Sam: "Yeah, but when you get your face slapped, your glasses don't go flying across the room."

The final "three dates in one night" sequence of "Tootsie."

Cartman's "Kyle's Mom's a Bitch" number in "South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut," mainly the "kids around the world" bit -- priceless political incorrectness.

Ralph Summa

Supporting Actor
My most recent laugh-out-loud scene was in Old School.

Vince Vaughn: "Ear Muffs"

Will Farrell Cock, Balls

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks