Movie Channel Coming to Sirius?

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones / Entertainment' started by Brent T, May 19, 2006.

1. Brent T

Brent T Second Unit

Yesterday on Stern, Dee Snider (Director/Writter/Singer) came into the studio to promote a show he would be doing on Sirius in the next month or two. He said he would be part of the Fangoria Radio which would deal with horror movies.

Now I could be wrong but I thought he said that would take place on channel 120 (ESPN Radio) so there could be a nice channel change up coming to Sirius. I would assume ESPN would move to a channel such as 123 which is Sports Action.

Has anyone heard anything more about this ?

2. Chris

Chris Lead Actor

SIRIUS is reportedly in negotiations with Variety and others to create a channel which will feature a mix of movie reviews/talk, dvd reviews/talk, and genre-oriented soundtrack programming. (Example: Sunday, 9PM, Dee Snider does Horror Movie Soundtracks)

The idea is to create a channel which plays soundtracks (music) but also offers talk programming centered around the movie//hometheater business. It's also been discussed on other SIRIUS networks that changes are slated for June 25.

3. Tom Brennan

Tom Brennan Screenwriter

That would be fantastic!

4. Chris

Chris Lead Actor

I think Variety and Fangoria and others have negotiated. Who knows how it will end up. But I know that they have a set lineup of some already signed that makes me believe it will be broader then just a "fangoria radio" but more of a whole movie oriented network, based on who has been contacted.

5. dailW

dailW Stunt Coordinator

a talk channel about movies would be awesome. i herd dee talk about it also.looking forward to listing to it.

6. john mcfadden

john mcfadden Stunt Coordinator

I used to love listening to a guy named Mr Movie on 1210 am WCAU where he would just talk about movies for 4-5 hrs and take phone calls .....I miss those days. I wish Sirius would have such an option other than the E ! channel garbage

7. dailW

dailW Stunt Coordinator

f.y.i. fangoria radio is on tonight at 10 e.s.t. sirius stars 102