What's new

Most Wanted Games for 2007 (1 Viewer)

MandyHan

Stunt Coordinator
Those are defintiely good choices.

I would have Halo 3, The Darkness and Bioshock in my top 5. After that, I probably would have NCAA Football 2008 and Super Mario Galaxy.

Andrew Chong

Supporting Actor
I see that a bunch of us put Bioshock down as highly anticipated for 2007, and after seeing a video demo given by the creative director, Ken Levine, I can now see why.

If you didn't already know, it's being released tomorrow as the regular version as well as a collector's version which includes a "making of" dvd, cd soundtrack, and "Big Daddy" (a hulking old-style-diving-suit character from the game) sculpture apparently exclusively at EB Games and Gamestop. Based on the background music from the official Web site, the cd soundtrack sounds especially promising.

-----

Also, after seeing other video demos with commentary, I'm now also looking forward to Starcraft 2 and Metal Gear Solid 4 in addition to Half Life 2: Episode 2.

Adam Sanchez

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Adam
Easy list for me.

Been waiting for Bioshock since I first heard about it. I love the look and setting of the game, looks truly unique. I am definately NOT a shooter fan, but want this game very much.

Limited Edition reserved for tomorrow... for PC.

Aside from that game, the one I want the most is The Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass. So can not wait for this game. Wind Waker was a masterpeice to me, so this "sequel" is one I must have!

Mark Schmitt

Stunt Coordinator
I was up until 4:30AM playing Bioshock last night.

Awesome. Totally immersive. Exciting. Fun. Beautiful environments. I'd enter a room and just spend time looking around at everything. I finally got to take on my first Big Daddy (I told myself no quitting until I face off with one) and it was a rush.

Almost all I can think about during this very sleepy day at work is going home to pick it up again.

Adam Sanchez

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Adam
Yeah I know how you feel, I keep thinking about it today at work.

I was definately not up till 4am though...no way I could handle that!

Love the game though, especially the setting. I have the PC version and it's been running wonderfully. I meet the recommended specs, except my Video Card has 256 Ram, Not 512. Doesn't seem to make a difference though.

I will admit I'm playing on Easy, but I plowed through the first Big Daddy frighteningly fast. Like 20 seconds fast. I had read for months how they were gonna be these epic 15 minute fights...and was taken a little aback at how fast I dropped one.

But I'm playing the game mostly for the enviroment, and more importantly, to see the storyline. Not much of a shooter fan in general but had to make an exception for this excellent game.

Steve Y

Supporting Actor
At this late date:
1. Super Mario Galaxy
2. Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
3. Bioshock*
4. Half-Life 2: Episode 2
5. Dewey's Adventure (coming out very soon, looks cool!)
6. Spore (IS this even coming out in the next decade?)

* My computer is too slow to run Bioshock efficiently, and I don't own a 360, so I won't be enjoying this great game anytime soon. However, it's still on the 'most wanted" list!

Phil Florian

Screenwriter
Bioshock is wonderful for 360, too. Man, it looks good. I do the same thing...after I beat up anyone that is trying to kill me, I wander around rooms looking out portholes or poking through debris. I had my first Big Daddy fight and I am on medium and it was pretty tense at that level. It took a good 10 minutes and I was pretty well ready for it. I had to reload a couple times, too (I don't like the regen booths...would rather restart will all my gear and try again). Easy must be VERY easy. These things are super-fast, at least the first one. I was running, turning, shooting, running and so on. I had shock and AP ammo saved the day, though. Other ammo just plings off harmlessly.

I took one one other one and led a merry chase to get it to a pool of water I could zap. I eventually killed it but when I went back looking for the Little Sister, I couldn't find her! Gah! I will have to reload and try again. To me, this is the finest FPS since the original Half Life (and I can't wait for 2 on Xbox this fall). This going to be a tough game season. After a long dry period (I only bought one new 360 game since Rainbow Six last winter) but now I have about a half-dozen awesome games lining up between now and X-Mas! Boo!!

Anyway, my list since this is original intent of thread:

5) Stranglehold (demo pretty fun...will have to see if it doesn't get redundant in actual play).
4) Half Life 2 Orange Box
3) Mercenaries 2
2) Halo 3- Not as jazzed as these other games for single player but all my RB6 Friend's List will jump to this so I HAVE to get it if I want to play online with them!
1) Mass Effect- The game to end all games.

Man, need a THIRD job to get all these!

JoeyR

Second Unit
Real Name
Joey
Definitely COD4, I got pulled for the early Beta, I think its actually going to give Halo3 a run for its money

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Have to edit mine based on new data. My old list is above:

1) God of War II (PS2) - Loved it
2) Halo 3 - DMC 4 delayed until 2008, or it would still have this spot
3) Call of Duty 4 - impressed the crap out of me at E3, and I'm not a CoD fan (yet - only played a few minutes of CoD2)
4) Castlevania Chronicles: Dracula X (PSP)
5) Metroid Prime 3

They were supposed to be this year, but DMC4 and Too Human are now 2008 releases. I will still be getting Stranglehold, but can't say I want to play it more than Bioshock (still waiting on my 360 to get "repaired" by MS), which would be right behind MP3. It looks like a VERY strong fall.

Steven_V

Stunt Coordinator
1. Super Mario Galaxy - Wii
2. Metroid Prime 3: Corruption - Wii
3. Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Wii
4. The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass -DS
5. Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles - Wii

6. Contra 4 - DS
7. Godzilla Unleashed - Wii
8. Ultimate Mortal Kombat - DS
9. NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams - Wii
10. Geometry Wars: Galaxies - Wii

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks