What's new

Most requested "stalled" show? (1 Viewer)

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
Originally Posted by younger1968

I just hope the studios monitor forums like this to gauge fan reaction. I would love to complete the following shows this year, especially considering there is only 1 or 2 season missing.

1. SWAT (S2 - stale since 2003)

2. Charlie's Angels (S5 - stale since 2009

3. White Shadow (S3)

4. Night Gallery (S3)

5. Baa Baa Black Sheep (V3)

I have 58 completed shows and i currently look for bargains now. However, i keep watching to see what is going to be released.

*double post*

Greg2356

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marc
Originally Posted by Gary OS

Quote:

I think you'll get your wish soon, Greg.

Since several others have mentioned it, I'd cast a vote for seeing Quincy get kick-started again.

Gary "I feel pretty confident we'll get a Hazel announcement soon" O.

Thanks a lot Gary, I am so glad it is coming out!! I only wish it had been sooner, because I know of some elderly people that were just thrilled with season one of "Hazel." Just seeing their happy expressions when watching this show was a great sight to behold!! "Peyton Place" was another big disappointment with it not being continued, since my mom and others were just glued to this show!

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
Originally Posted by younger1968

I just hope the studios monitor forums like this to gauge fan reaction. I would love to complete the following shows this year, especially considering there is only 1 or 2 season missing.

1. SWAT (S2 - stale since 2003)

2. Charlie's Angels (S5 - stale since 2009

3. White Shadow (S3)

4. Night Gallery (S3)

5. Baa Baa Black Sheep (V3)

I have 58 completed shows and i currently look for bargains now. However, i keep watching to see what is going to be released.

I do believe they peek in here from time to time and maybe even daily, would be strange if they didn't too truthfully and on IMDb as well for that matter.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Gotta love that another thread like this can compile another 60+ posts in a week-and-a-half! For me:

St. Elsewhere

I've never understood why St. Elsewhere can't get finished up after it's Season One release.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Originally Posted by Mike Frezon

Gotta love that another thread like this can compile another 60+ posts in a week-and-a-half! For me:

St. Elsewhere

I've never understood why St. Elsewhere can't get finished up after it's Season One release.

When it originally aired it was never a ratings hit, but it had respect in the industry, and high ratings in the 18-34 demos, so it commanded huge advertising dollars. That means nothing in terms of DVD sales. Very few children watched the show, as it was on past their bedtimes and had little appeal to children or teens to begin with, and therefore there is not much nostalgia for it towards the current members of the almighty 18-34s of which I am a member but would buy the rest of St. Elsewhere in a heartbeat. The people who were in that demo then are now dead to anyone but Shout, MPI, Mill Creek, etc. Keep in mind Fox didn't promote season 1 very well, and they made Denzel Washington's head bigger than everyone else's on the cover despite his supporting role. They tried to market it as "The Denzel Washington Show". They might as well have tried to tie it in with Deal or No Deal.

This would be perfect for a complete series set via Shout! or Time Life (Shout! has a deal with Fox).

yyz2ams

Auditioning
Real Name
Bonita
I am hoping for Barnaby Jones, Cannon and the Love Boat. It has been awhile!!! One day I hope!!!

Duane Alford

Second Unit
What is the deal with Barnaby Jones and Matt Houston? Are they just stalled, or have they been abandoned completely?

John L

Grip
Real Name
John
Well I'm waiting for the following to show up:

1. Becker Seasons 4,5,6

2. TJ Hooker Seasons 3,4,5

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
With the announcement of Nickelodeon's The Wild Thornberrys coming from Shout! I can now safely assume there will be more still to come from the CBS/Paramount/Viacom deal. I hope they get the last two seasons of Family Ties. I imagine they're the only hope for the rest of Happy Days, Laverne & Shirley, The Beverly Hillbillies and Petticoat Junction. Considering that they did a fine job with Webster: no cuts, no music replacements, and original logos on every episode, these shows would probably be better off with Shout.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
With the announcement of Nickelodeon's The Wild Thornberrys coming from Shout! I can now safely assume there will be more still to come from the CBS/Paramount/Viacom deal. I hope they get the last two seasons of Family Ties. I imagine they're the only hope for the rest of Happy Days, Laverne & Shirley, The Beverly Hillbillies, and Petticoat Junction. Considering that they did a fine job with Webster: no cuts, no music replacements, and original logos on every episode, these shows would probably be better off with Shout.

Originally Posted by BobO'Link

Based on what I read I'd have to go with "Green Acres" as the most requested "stalled" show.

Personally, I'd like to see "The Bob Newhart Show" get completed (and by inference "Newhart" as it's truly connected being the "Dallas" dream season of "The Bob Newhart Show").

MGM is moving their distribution to Sony yet again. How this affects their deal with Shout! I don't know. But hopefully the beautiful remasters of the first three seasons of Green Acres were done on the last three. On all but one episode it looked like a brand new show.

Newhart is where I make the case for either complete series sets or season sets in reverse. The last episode is arguably the most famous one, and the first season is most fans' least favorite. Many predicted the first season would bomb on DVD, and they were apparently right.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
MGM is moving their distribution to Sony yet again. How this affects their deal with Shout! I don't know. But hopefully the beautiful remasters of the first three seasons of Green Acres were done on the last three. On all but one episode it looked like a brand new show.

Anything that means titles are going out of Fox's control can't be bad. Fox is far and away the worst of all of the studios so this can only be good news. Although really, other than Green Acres, what other MGM shows are there that people care about? I suppose the Ziv library's most popular series like Sea Hunt, Science Fiction Theatre and Highway Patrol. Other than that, I'd love to see shows like Hey Landlord, Pruitts of Southhampton, Double Life of Henry Phyfe and The Debbie Reynolds Show but I'm not holding my breath.

MattPeriolat

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matthew
Originally Posted by Neil Brock

Anything that means titles are going out of Fox's control can't be bad. Fox is far and away the worst of all of the studios so this can only be good news. Although really, other than Green Acres, what other MGM shows are there that people care about? I suppose the Ziv library's most popular series like Sea Hunt, Science Fiction Theatre and Highway Patrol. Other than that, I'd love to see shows like Hey Landlord, Pruitts of Southhampton, Double Life of Henry Phyfe and The Debbie Reynolds Show but I'm not holding my breath.

Isn't Highway Patrol out on MOD? I seem to remember seeing that on Amazon. That being said, I'd love to see the Ziv stuff out there myself, as well as the Fox shows.

Kevin EK

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
I would absolutely second the wish for Shout! or someone to pick up the reins for St. Elsewhere and release the rest of that series. While I'm not as much of a fan of the final two seasons of the show, the first four years are, like The West Wing, a marvelous showcase of fine writing, directing and acting. In addition to a who's who of major actors coming in and out of the show (and this was a really large cast), there was a solid feeling of both depth and invention. And keep in mind that the primary setting of the show was a single hospital hallway with attached rooms and an elevator.

And I would be happy to see Shout! or someone give us the final season of The White Shadow, even granted that it falls a bit in quality from the first two seasons that have already been released. The opening two-parter with JoBeth Williams and James Whitmore is very nice, as is a late episode that revisits some of the original cast.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by MattPeriolat

Isn't Highway Patrol out on MOD? I seem to remember seeing that on Amazon. That being said, I'd love to see the Ziv stuff out there myself, as well as the Fox shows.

They put out the first season almost a year ago and nothing since.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Kevin EK

I would absolutely second the wish for Shout! or someone to pick up the reins for St. Elsewhere and release the rest of that series. While I'm not as much of a fan of the final two seasons of the show, the first four years are, like The West Wing, a marvelous showcase of fine writing, directing and acting. In addition to a who's who of major actors coming in and out of the show (and this was a really large cast), there was a solid feeling of both depth and invention. And keep in mind that the primary setting of the show was a single hospital hallway with attached rooms and an elevator.

And, Kevin, one of the other things that sets St. Elsewhere apart from other medical dramas is that it was neither your typical "disease of the week" show nor soap opera. The relationships and situations created by the writers and performed by that large group of A-list actors were much more interesting and well-developed than those found in most hour-long dramas of that category.

Somewhere...I've still got (on Beta tape!) the two-part episode--done in flashback style--which featured Edward Hermann as the priest who founded St. Eligius to serve the community. Those episodes served nicely to fill in much of the back story of the beleaguered institution.

Every time I start thinking about chances of getting the show released, I get all excited...but then quickly realize the chances are, apparently, slim. But, never say never.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
A couple from David Kelley: I'd love the rest of "Picket Fences" and a release of "Boston Public."

Kevin EK

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Mike, I have to admit I still have a whole stack of episodes on VHS tape - some from the original airings on NBC, and many from the run on TV Land about 15 years ago.

I always liked the "Time Heals" 2 hour ep, although I noted that when it was aired on TV Land, they removed the "Ain't Misbehavin'" music track from the opening and replaced it with generic 30's sounding music.

A similar thing happened with the "Sweet Dreams" episode from the 3rd season, where they had a convincing sound-alike performance of Led Zeppelin's "Heartbreaker" played under Jack Morrison's morgue nightmare, and this was replaced with more generic electric guitar for syndication.

Series highlights for me, if the show ever gets picked up by Shout!:

-The Thanksgiving episode from 2nd Season "A Wing and a Prayer", which features two competing methods of cooking turkey - Poached or Hawaiian Barbecue

-The Christmas episode from 4th Season, which probably has the best performance given for the series by William Daniels

-The aforementioned "Sweet Dreams" episode from the 3rd Season

-Shirley Daniels' last stand in the 3rd season episode "Up On the Roof"

-The 2nd Season arc of pain for Jack Morrison with the death of his wife

-A 4th Season episode wherein Chandler works at a suicide hotline and Erlich redeems himself in the O.R.

-The 6th Season episode "Weigh in, Weigh Out" wherein we go through the cycle of life from a birth in Act 1, to an elderly man dying in his room in Act 4

-From the 1st Season, which we already have out on DVD, there are plenty of great bits - but I particularly liked three -

-One episode (I think it's "The Count"), where Dr. Armstrong deals with an unscrupulous doctor inserting pacemakers for profit

-The end of the "Legionaire's Disease" situation where Chandler is forced to apologize to an unpleasant nurse after he wrongly accused her of negligence

-The surprise wrap-up of the "Munchausen Syndrome" situation where Morrison and Erlich get schooled on a particularly sneaky patient trick...

Sorry to babble on, but this is a series that is near and dear to my heart.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Kevin EK

Mike, I have to admit I still have a whole stack of episodes on VHS tape - some from the original airings on NBC, and many from the run on TV Land about 15 years ago.

Sorry to babble on, but this is a series that is near and dear to my heart.

You aren't babbling as far as I'm concerned. We are in total agreement about this series.

Remember the "The Women" episode in which Blythe Danner, Brenda Vaccaro and an older actress (whose name escapes me) shared a room at St. Eligus? It is amazing how certain episodes can stay with you so many years later...

ScottRichard

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott
Here's my picks:

Rawhide

The Big Valley

Green Acres

The Flying Nun

S.W.A.T.

Hardy Boys

Charlie's Angels

Matt Houston

The Fall Guy

Early Edition

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
My Picks:

Stalled:

The Life and Legend of Wyatt Earp

St. Elsewhere

Route 66

The Untouchables

The Lawless Years

Night Gallery

The Streets of San Francisco

Unreleased:

77 Sunset Strip

Hawaiian Eye

The Defenders

East Side/West Side

Surfside Six

Cain's Hundred

Slattery's People

The Trials of O'Brien

Ben Casey

Dr. Kildare

The Lineup (San Francisco Beat)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks