What's new

Most Haunted Versus Ghosthunters (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
OK Folks,

What do you like best about both shows?

I discovered Most Haunted first while flipping through the channels, and thought it was pretty scary, along the lines of Worlds Most Scariest Places that used to air on the Fox Channel. I didn't start too loose interest, up untill the point their 'medium', Derek, supposedly started getting possessed. after that, I did some research on the internet, only to find out that their own supposed skeptic fed some false information to their psychic, who relayed it 100% live on the show.

It was around this time that Ghost Hunters popped up on the scene. At first I found it to be more 'real' than Most Haunted. But soon found it rather boring as they almost never found anything, and every single case could be caused by a natural phenomenan. I stopped watching right around the end of Season One and went back to Most Haunted for a few months, untill I eventually stopped watching that as well, due to the ridiculous 'possessions'.

After a while, I decided, even if it is all faked up, Most Haunted was still a fun watch for purley entertainment value, so I tuned back in. They had a new medium, David Wells, who seemed really likeable and more believable than Derek. Gone where the fake possessions as well..I've been tuning in ever since, although the latest 'medium' Brian seems just as fake as Derek was. He never gives anything tangible and I didn't care for him from the start. For instance, if they are investigating a school house... 'I sense children here...yes, lots of children, I think.....and I think something...not really evil, but bad happened here, yes?'

I also tuned into GhostHunters again, and found that all of a sudden, they are finding allot more un-explained things on their cases than they ever did in Season 1. And it just kept upgrading in cool case findings over the seasons..
The only thing I don't like about the show now, is that it's way too serious. At least when Brian was around, they had the fun of 'Dude, Run!'. Now, while the findings are kind of interesting, I'm missing the humor factor.

So, what do you think of these shows, and the new kid on the block, Ghost Adventures?

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Most Haunted = Fake

Ghost Hunters = Really tries to investigate, has good motives but is starting to succumb to some pressure for ratings etc. The background sounds they add for ambience are bordering on "fake". I know they are just trying to keep up tension, but the sounds are interfering with the actually sound.

Most Haunted has always been just about entertainment. Ghost Hunters is about trying to capture evidence.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Most Haunted is the phoniest thing on television; I can't believe anyone takes it seriously! It's the same thing week after week: Cat passes out, Yvette gets p.o.'ed at the "spirits," the men cuss so much that you can't hear what's going on because of the bleeps. Rubbish!

And yet...on Halloween 2007, when they were trashing the Winchester House of Mystery, I swear to God that I saw something on the live internet cams. In the seance room, I swear to you...SWEAR to you...I saw a 19th century woman exiting the room to the right of the camera. I could see the hem of a long black skirt creeping out the door. There it was. And it wasn't any of the staff because you could see all of them on other cams or on the show itself.

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil

Agreed on MH, but I dare anyone to try and spend an hour in a creepy location with no light or sound and see how long you last without starting to swear or faint
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

But see, that's why I still watch MH. Even with all the faking, they just might catch SOMETHING real, as your webcam thing seems to have shown
. Although, for those who watch the cams during live events, try and get screen grabbing software to record them just in case you see something next time

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks