What's new

Most Films An By Actor, Actress And Director In Your DVD Collection (1 Viewer)

Elijah Sullivan

Supporting Actor
Wow, I'm so obviously younger than most of you folks...

Director: Ridley Scott (8)
Actor: (tie) Orlando Bloom and Toshiro Mifune (4)
Actress: Natalie Portman (5)

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I wonder how many actually have Desmond Llewelyn as their #1 actor, but don't know it.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
Director: Hitchcock (35)
Actor: Cary Grant (20)
Actress: Doris Day (21)

That is counting only films (no TV series or specials), and counting each film only once, even if I have a couple of different versions on some titles.

seanOhara

Supporting Actor

You don't have to be old to appreciate old movies. I'm 27 and more than half of the films in my collection are older than me -- a good chunk are older than my parents.

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
Audrey Hepburn (15)
Stanley Kubrick (11)

Having trouble finding an actor. All the ones at the top of the list are TV shows in season sets, so I really don't want to count those. It probably is Desmond Llewellyn, as JohnRice points out.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
I wouldn't say you're younger necessarily (though you may be), but as of yet unschooled in the classics perhaps? :) :)

Cary Grant (#1 of my actors) made his last film when I was 4, and none of which I saw until my late 20s. Hell, Cary Grant, Myrna Loy and Alfred Hitchcock were all dead before I saw any of their films. And I've seen and love many "newer" films (Harrison Ford probably gives Cary Grant a run for the money in my collection), but once you've seen all those great classics, they have a way of filling up your collection real fast.

Steve Armbrust

Second Unit
I haven't actually counted, but I can say with 99 percent certainty that my top actors are:

Abbott and Costello -- 29 films

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
You know a great thing about a thread like this was the surprise in finding that Cary Grant was the top actor in my collection. Although I love him, he isn't my favorite actor, nor my favorite movie star, and I was genuinely surprised to find he had more films in my collection than any other male.

ted:r

Second Unit
From my Database (top 10):
Actor
Allen, Woody 29
Harris, Sam 29
Bogart, Humphrey 27
Grant, Cary 26
Stewart, James 25
Fonda, Henry 23
Bond, Ward 22
Flavin, James 22
Lancaster, Burt 22
Holmes, Stuart 21
Kibbee, Milton 21
Nicholson, Jack 21
Wayne, John 21

Actress
Flowers, Bess 55
Doran, Ann 20
Hepburn, Katharine 18
Maxwell, Lois 15
Bergman, Ingrid 14
Farrow, Mia 14
Marsh, Mae 14
Keaton, Diane 13
Adams, Dorothy 12
Corby, Ellen 12
Dietrich, Marlene 12
Freeman, Kathleen 12
Winters, Shelley 12

Director
Allen, Woody 32
Hitchcock, Alfred 32
Hawks, Howard 19
Wyler, William 19
Ford, John 18
Scorsese, Martin 16
Huston, John 15
Cukor, George 14
Lumet, Sidney 14
Wilder, Billy 13

BTW: Favorite Actors Bogart and Grant, Favorite Actress Hepburn, K and A, Director Woody

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
I'll do a top three.

Actor:
Harrison Ford (13)
Tom Hanks (11)
Tom Cruise (10)

Actress:
No idea...

Director:
Steven Spielberg (16) - Of course I'm a huge fan and alot of his films are on my wishlist. Only three I own of his I've never even seen before. They're Amistad, Empire of the Sun and War of the Worlds, respectively. NO SPOILERS!
Ridley Scott (9) - Technically I do if you count multiple cuts of certain films. Alot of his films I'm anticipating for better editions on DVD. For example, they are: Black Rain (S.C.E. coming out); BLADE RUNNER (Going to purchase both the Two-Disc Special Edition and the Ultimate Set release); 1492: The Conquest of Paradise; G.I. Jane; and White Squall. Movies of his I don't mind blind buying (they should be in my wishlist): Hannibal; Matchstick Men; Kingdom of Heaven.
Sammo Hung Kam-Bo (6)

Chris Gerhard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris Gerhard

Funny, now that you mention it, he has to be mine. I would have never come up with him, I was counting the Bond actors and seeing how many other films each was in trying to see if one of them would be number one.

Chris

Actor: Harrison Ford, 11; Tom Cruise, 10; Clint Eastwood, 8; Robert De Niro,10; Al Pacino, 10; Brad Pitt, 8; Bruce Willis, 8; Orlando Bloom, 8; Mel Gibson, 7;
Director: Spielberg, 13; John Woo, 6; Oliver Stone, 8; Tony Scott, 7; Ridley Scott, 5; James Cameron, 5
Actress: Halle Berry, 7; Juliette Lewis, 6; Kate Beckinsale, 4; Sigourney Weaver, 4

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
Director: Spielberg with 15, Hitchcock in a close second with 14
Actor: Far and away Samuel L. Jackson with 17 if you count R2-D2: Beneath the Dome.
Actress: Cameron Diaz with 10

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I am using DVDProfiler, is there a report I can do to give me this information? I can't seem to figure out how to do this except to filter by each person and see.

BrianP

Supporting Actor
Actor: John Wayne 53 films
Actress: Bess Flowers 33 films
Director: Alfred Hitchcock 26 films

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
Samuel L. Jackson doesn't dominate actor quite as much as I thought. I have 15 with Clint Eastwood.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks