What's new

Most Films An By Actor, Actress And Director In Your DVD Collection (1 Viewer)

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
I don't know if this has been asked before but I'm just curious HTFers, what actor, actress and director do you have the most films of in you DVD collection? Mine:

Actor: John Wayne (47 films)
Actress: Bette Davis (20 films)
Director: Hitchcock: (29 films)

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
Actor: Sean Connery (15 films)
Director: Alfred Hitchcock (24 films)
Actress: Madeline Khan (6 films)

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Hitchcock is certainly the director.

Cary Grant is almost certainly the actor.

I'd have to think about the actress.

Pete York

Supporting Actor
Actor: Jimmy Stewart (18) + 6 on the way in August's WB box
Actress: Gene Tierney (9)
Director: Hitchcock (30)

Mathew B

Stunt Coordinator
The actor is a tie between Jim Carrey and Arnold Schwarzenegger with 7 titles each. Ben Stiller also has 7, but 2 are appearances in the extra features (Get Shorty and M:I-2), which I'm not sure count. Michael Caine (surprised myself there), Vince Vaughn and Tom Cruise are runner-ups with 6.

Steven Spielberg is the director with 8 films in total.

The actress was yet another surprise, Meryl Streep, with 4 titles.

Sean Richardson

Stunt Coordinator
Director - Hitchcock. Man, I feel so cliche. I'm one shy of complete on Scorsese and Spielberg, but they don't have nearly as many films that they've directed ... I think even without all the public domain ones that I bought dirt-cheap, I'd have more Hitchcocks than anybody else.
Actor - I've got 12 Woody Allen movies that he stars in ... I've got a ton of Chaplin discs, but only ten films, not sure how to score that one.
Actress - I didn't expect this, but it's Shelley Duvall with 9, plus two episodes of her TV show. She was in a lot of Altman movies, and then one each by a bunch of directors I really like.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Director - Hitchcock
Actor(s) - Laurel and Hardy
Actress - not sure probably Anita Garvin or Mae Busch

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
From my small collection:

Actor - Harrison Ford (7) followed by Liam Neeson, Orlando Bloom (surprisingly!), and a few of the Star Wars players with six.

Actress - Sigourney Weaver with 4 (guess which ones)

Director - Spielberg with 9 followed by Ridley Scott, Peter Jackson, George Lucas, and James Cameron with 4 each.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
I have 25 Hitchcock films (Universal Masterpiece Collection, Warner Signature Collection, To Catch a Thief, and Criterion's Notorious). No one comes close to that.

As for actors, I think Claude Rains is the most visible: 8 films...

The Invisible Man, The Adventures of Robin Hood, The Wolf Man (Legacy), Casablanca (SE), The Phantom of the Opera '43 (now sold), Notorious (Criterion), Lawrence of Arabia (LE + Superbit), and The Greatest Story Ever Told (SE). His work is worthy of being in one's collection.

ADD:

Actually, it's Peter Lorre, also with 9:

M (Criterion SE), The Maltese Falcon, Casablanca (SE), Invisible Agent (Legacy), Arsenic and Old Lace, Around the World in 80 Days '56, 20 000 Leagues Under the Sea, The Comedy of Terrors, and The Raven.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Actor: John Wayne (56 films, if you include 3-4 cameos) It will be 58 films on June 6th
Actor (Honorable Mention): Clint Eastwood (41)
Actress: Bette Davis (17)
Actress (Honorable Mention): Marilyn Monroe (15)
Director: Alfred Hitchcock (32)
Director (Honorable Mention): John Ford (25) About to add 7 more come June 6th

Crawdaddy

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
As far as actress, it's probably someone in a lot of minor roles, such as Lois Maxwell. As far as lead actress types, having gone through most of those, it looks like probably Myrna Loy.

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Been culling the collection lately so some directors have dropped by a few titles. Have all the Kubricks except for Spartacus which I'm not that big on. I also have fifteen Aki Kaurismaki DVDs :D

No idea about which actors top the list.

Mark B

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mark
Hitchcock, like many others here, holds the record for directors in my collection. Actor/ress will take some time to figure. Keenan Wynn may be the most prominent character actor/second lead in my collection. He seems to pop up everywhere.

seanOhara

Supporting Actor
I organize my collection by director, so that's easy to answer:

Hitchcock - 27
Kazan - 9
Curtiz - 9
Preminger - 7
Peckinpah - 6

Of course if you ask me again next month, John Ford will be in second place.

I don't have hard numbers for actors and actresses, though I'd guess the winner would be someone like Harry Carey, Jr. or Ernest Borgnine. Limiting myself to lead actors, Cary Grant, Henry Fonda, Richard Widmark, and Robert Ryan are certainly at the top of the list (Lee Marvin too, though he's bolstered by a lot of bit parts). For actresses, the winner is probably either Gene Tierney, Myrna Loy, Katharine Hepburn, or Joan Crawford.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks