What's new

Most Extreme Elimination Challenge (1 Viewer)

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
I see this every now and then. Seems like all reruns. Isn't this a real show in China or Japan, and we just make the dub over funny?

It was most funny the first time. After a few times you get tired of seeing them run over the rocks and over those spinning columns.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Isn't this a real show in China or Japan, and we just make the dub over funny?
I was curious about this. I can't imagine it's all serious (i.e. look at the Karaoke segment :)). It looks like it's just as funny without the overdubs. I'm sure the commentaries are just as funny as the English overdub, but the English version adds funny comments to the participants. That's what makes it funnier than the original.

Although, I'd love to know what the 2 main guys are really saying. It's probably just as funny as the overdub.

Joey

Stunt Coordinator
Did the kid have a drawing he made? Maybe I'm thinking of another one?
No, the kid didn't, so it seems like another one that you're thinking of!

Anyway, there is a fan site devoted to the real show back in Japan where the show is really titled "Takeshi's Castle". The show is every bit real and you get a better idea of how it was really meant to be (100 volunteers trying to make their way to Takeshi's Castle)!

http://www.count-takeshi.tk/

Mike Blais

Stunt Coordinator
I'll watch the show every so often, the scary thing is my grandfather will watch it whenever it's on. Not the type of show I'd expect grandpa to watch.

Felipe S

Stunt Coordinator
Recently there was a show featuring .... mascots vs monsters or something like that....

funniest.episode.ever.

or at least one of the funniest.

This is like one of my favourite shows right now. :)

Paul>Wh

Agent
Has anyone actually seen the original version? I saw in the America vs the world they had some marines who were stationed there some really funny stuff. Anyways, anyone know more about the original. I don't know Kanji, and they cover up the stuff so I can't even try to read it. My Japanese is worthless! Anyways I hope someone's seen the original.
Paul

MikeFR

Supporting Actor
This show is great.

They need about a 100 more episodes and then we could have an MXC channel.

They also need to add multi angle replays :)

dave_brogli

Screenwriter
Good thread to bring back.........

This show is so incredibly funny. The commentary is usually hillarious, and watching some of these goofy chinese people land half assed in a puddle of mud is great. I wonder if anyones died/gotten seriously hurt.

and I love guy (or how they pronounce it gee.lol)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks