What's new

Most Extreme Elimination Challenge (1 Viewer)

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone else besides me watch this show on TNN? I know that the dub is terrible, but I don't care! The show is just so darn fun to watch.

Did any of you see last week when the people had to catch soccer balls that were being launched off of a cliff? Remember that lady who got smacked right in the face with one of them? Now that would suck, but I just could not help but laughing when I saw it.

It is great Saturday/Sunday night boredom relief. Just leave your brain at the doorstep, and enjoy it! ;)

Jeremy_Watson

Stunt Coordinator
Actually, I caught a rerun tonight and can't wait until the next one. By the way, the dubbing isn't terrible, it is hilarious and really adds to the humor element of the show. Also, the people crashing and burning doesn't help.

Jeremy

Cal S

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah, the dubbing is meant to be funny and it is. This is a hilarious show!

Max Knight

Supporting Actor
My wife and I love this show! It's hilarious! I love that the point seems to be to get people to recreate in real life actions from a video game.

Stephen Heath

Stunt Coordinator
I had never seen this show before last night, and just about peed myself laughing, and it's more because of the dubbing than people smacking themselves silly, although that sure helps =p.

Bob-N

Supporting Actor
I've been catching every week since it started a few weeks ago and it is hilarious. The dialogue is really bad (risque) at times but it's an extreme version of funniest home videos for us. Great stuff.

Last night's rerun was funny when they did tug o' war against various things (cows, bulldozers). The risque dialogue part was the roulette game which bared little (if any) resemblance to the actual game played on the show.

Bob

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
There will be a one hour special of MXC on tomorrow night! Just thought I'd let you know.

The dubbing is not good for accuracy, but it's just too funny!

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
The dubbing is not good for accuracy
But is the translation even correct? I thought they were making it up. It definitely looks like they are making up the stuff the contestants say when they are about to do something.

i.e. This one woman gets ready to do one of the challenge and yells out something, but they overdub "Clean your Room!" :laugh: I highly doubt that's what she really said.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Tony-B, I thought you trying to say that the dubs were bad translations rather than completely made up :b

Although, what did you actually mean by "The dubbing is not good for accuracy"?

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
The best wipeout on this show was the one where the guy was running towards the stones in the water and decided to do a back handspring and landed on his neck. My friends and I were crying from laughing so hard on this one.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
They're obviously made up translations. You can tell the writers are watching the motions of the hosts and making up stuff that seems to fit it.

I used to do this all the time with a friend. We'd turn on the news, hit record on the VCR, plug in a microphone and make up our own dialog to go along with what we saw. Pretty funny stuff :D

There was one time we recorded this guy playing the piano (on some public access channel) in front of a few dozen people. He was really getting into it (i.e. closing his eyes and swaying his head back and forth). I hooked my keyboard into the mixer and started banging away at random notes, while following his hand movements. Then my friend would whisper (as if he was one of the people in the crowd) "This guy sucks!" :laugh:

It was one of the funniest things we did.

Todd Terwilliger

Screenwriter
Mindless as its contestants but hilarious to watch. The only thing that saddens me is every time I see Beat Takeshi in that ridiculous neon samurai costume. Say it wasn't so, Beat! Say it wasn't so! :D :emoji_thumbsup:

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
You can definitely tell it is made up since they made the hosts talk about Stripperella on a recent episode.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks