Moscow on the Hudson - Widescreen Version in Canada Only?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Matthew H, Jan 14, 2008.

1. Matthew H

Matthew H Second Unit

I'm not interested in R2 PAL versions (where I know there's a widescreen version already availble), but a R1 WS edition. Through my search on eBay and Amazon it looks like there's a WS/P&S version of "Moscow on the Hudson" that was released to our neighbors up North, whereas we got a shoddy P&S Only version. Ew.

Anyone know if there was a version released in the US but Sony just dropped the WS version, which they were famous for doing a few years ago? I have no idea how I should obtain a copy now....

2. CraigF

CraigF Cinematographer

Craig
    There's nothing on my WS/P&S copy, package or disc, that suggests it's Canada-only. Which doesn't mean it wasn't... I still saw the disc occasionally in the local Wal-Mart bargain bin, up until just after Christmas.

3. Vincent-P

Vincent-P Second Unit

Yes, in the US it was originally WS/PS, but Sony dropped the widescreen version a while ago.

4. CraigF

CraigF Cinematographer

Craig
    Canadian Wal-Marts may be the dumping ground for deleted US discs. I have got a few lately that say for sale in the US only. This one I got at least a couple years ago, but the ones I saw in the bin ~2 weeks ago were WS/P&S too.

Totally OT, but it's easily my favorite RW-starring movie, I was surprised how much I liked it in fact...