What's new

More talk at E3 of GameCube's demise... (1 Viewer)

GlenHaag

Supporting Actor
Personally I think the GB player bundle is a terrific idea for them. If people buy the system then, Nintendo has them buying games for both systems. Demise... good grief. Can't we just enjoy games anymore?

Glen

Joseph Young

Screenwriter
Good thread, lots of good points.

My 2 cents:

I enjoy my gamecube, but out of the 3 systems I own, I have the least number of games for it. The games I *do* have (Zelda, Metroid) are A+ games, great quality.

I was extremely disappointed with Mario Sunshine, a game Miyamoto even admits was not up to par... The game has virtually no replay value whatsoever.

I'm glad I have a gamecube, I'll never get rid of it, but it has been somewhat underwhelming.

~j

Mark Shannon

Screenwriter
I wouldn't buy Zelda if you paid me (well maybe if you paid me enough)...I have, and always will hate(d) that game.

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
Mark...BLASPHEMER! Saying you hate the Zelda series! BLASPHEMER

Really, I am just joking. Everyone has particular tastes and you dont like Zelda.
Just curious...why dont you like it? ALways curious what gets to people about games.

Leroy

Second Unit
I think Nintendo's problem is that it hasn't done anything to attract new gamers (not new to gaming, but new to Nintendo) like myself.

All I see are remakes/updates of games that have been around forever. That's great for keeping existing fans coming back for more, but what about people like myself who don't particularly care for Nintendo's core games (Mario, Zelda, Metroid, F-Zero etc..I was more into Sonic, Phantasy Star and Wipeout etc.). They almost got me with Rogue Leader, but it's not enough.

They've got to nab some broad appeal exclusives. I'm still tempted whenever I pass by a cube display, but there's just not enough there for me.

Mark Shannon

Screenwriter
Well, I'm not one for RPG's or Adventure games, such as the Final Fantasy series, or the Zelda games...never have been

perhaps it's because of my older cousin, who when I was about 7 would play the SINGLE PLAYER games (aforementioned) and NEVER let me play...

maybe that's where the hate game from...either way...those games really don't interest me...

Users who are viewing this thread