What's new

More Pearl Jam on the way Nov 11 (1 Viewer)

MikeFR

Supporting Actor
Nice, 6 minutes long as well.

Anyone see any reviews of the dvd or rarities? Not that it matters to me, tuesday cant come soon enough.

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
I'm listening to it now, and to be perfectly honest, I'm a little underwhelmed. Some of the unreleased stuff isn't terribly great, and I haven't been as big a fan of some of the recent B-Sides as I have been the older ones.

But there is some good stuff of course, and I'll definatly be picking it up and I'm sure I'll warm up to some of the stuff I don't like right at the moment. I'm kind of upset that Angel was removed though.

Sad is an amazing track, and I'm just listening to that over and over again.

There's also a review on Allmusic that says it's one of their best albums. I don't know how much I agree though, they gave Yield 2.5 stars and always check the wrong songs as the good ones.

The trailer for the DVD gave me chills. I can't wait for that (but I'm going to have to for almost a week :frowning: ).

For those interested in more PJ stuff, they have a new song, Man of the Hour, on the soundtrack of new Tim Burton movie Big Fish, which the TenClub will be offering a special single of the song.

Also, you must track down the live recordings of the recent Benaroya Hall and Santa Barbara shows. Benaroya Hall was a mainly Acoustic set with an interesting mix of songs, including Masters or War.

Santa Barbara has them playing with friends, including a few songs from No Code (In My Tree and Hail Hail) with Jack Irons, and Jack Johnson joins them for a few songs. Then during the first encore, Chris Cornell plays solo versions of Can't Change Me and Like a Stone, before being joined by the rest of Temple of the Dog for Hunger Strike and a 10 minute version of Reach Down.

MikeFR

Supporting Actor
Anyone find the MSG DVD in Canada yet? Ive read that it was delayed until next week and I couldnt find it when I picked up lost dogs yesterday.

MikeFR

Supporting Actor
Thanks Graeme, I checked again yesterday and no luck at future shop, doesnt help when there staff is completely clueless. Guess I will wait till tuesday and pick it up with LOTR.

I guess Lost Dogs can hold me over :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks