What's new

More Pearl Jam on the way Nov 11 (1 Viewer)

MikeFR

Supporting Actor
http://www.vh1.com/news/articles/147...003/id_0.jhtml

Woohoo, finally they have finished their rarities album and we get another DVD Novemeber 11th!

Pearl Jam Live at the Garden DVD:

* "Love Boat Captain"
* "Last Exit"
* "Save You"
* "Green Disease"
* "In My Tree"
* "Cropduster"
* "Even Flow"
* "Gimme Some Truth"
* "I Am Mine"
* "Lowlight"
* "Faithful"
* "Wishlist"
* "Lukin"
* "Grievance"
* "1/2 Full"
* "Black"
* "Spin the Black Circle"
* "Rearviewmirror"
* "You Are"
* "Thumbing My Way"
* "Daughter"
* "Crown of Thorns"
* "Breath"
* "Betterman"
* "Evolution"
* "Crazy Mary"
* "Indifference"
* "Sonic Reducer"
* "Baba O'Riley"
* "Yellow Ledbetter"

Lost Dogs Rarities album:

Disc one:

* "All Night"
* "Sad"
* "Down"
* "In the Moonlight"
* "Hitchhiker"
* "Don't Gimme No Lip"
* "Walking"
* "Alone"
* "Education"
* "'U'"
* "Black, Red, Yellow"
* "Leaving Here"
* "Gremmie Out of Control"
* "Whale Song"
* "Undone"
* "Hold On"
* "Yellow Ledbetter"
Disc two:

* "Fatal"
* "Other Side"
* "Hard to Imagine"
* "Footsteps"
* "Wash"
* "Dead Man"
* "Strangest Tribe"
* "Drifting"
* "Let Me Sleep"
* "Angel"
* "Last Kiss"
* "Sweet Lew"
* "Dirty Frank"
* "Brother Instrumental"
* "Bee Girl"

Now all we need is Touring Band 2003 and I will be in PJ heaven :).

George See

Second Unit
Could the world possibly release anything else I MUST buy on Nov 11. If i buy all the DVD's and cd's i want on 11/11/03 it will take me till 11/11/04 to listen to it all. I was at the MSG show on that DVD so this is going to be neat. I've got a video bootleg of an REM show I was at but a profesional concert video of a show I was at is just cool.

The real question is do I listen to Pearl Jam Raritys or the new Chilli Peppers album on the way home from best buy on that day?

Carl Miller

Screenwriter
The real question is do I listen to Pearl Jam Raritys or the new Chilli Peppers album on the way home from best buy on that day?
Rarities for me, easy choice. Did Indifference make it on to the set list for many of the most recent tour CD's?

I'm waiting on RHCP to hear what the word is on the album. The last one was too much a departure for me.

George See

Second Unit
I seem to be in the Minority but I really liked the last RHCP album, It was definently different than their past work but I liked it. It could have used maybee one more Rocking song and one less ballad but aside from that i've got no complaints.

Indifference, well I saw them 3 times and got about 3 bootlegs of shows that I didn't goto and I only heard Indifference at MSG, so i'm guessing it was pretty rare. That raritys disc definently looks nice, and so does the DVD. They've got a list of special features over on the official pearl jam site, some interesting stuff on there.

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
Isn't the new RHCP album just a Greatest Hits collection with two new tracks?

Anthony Moore

Supporting Actor
Now all we need is Touring Band 2003 and I will be in PJ heaven .
I doubt we'll get one...there are montages of the whole toon the LIVE AT THE GARDEN, just like on the TB2K

Catn wait for this rarities disc..there are about 15 songs ive never heard of...very excited!

think there will be a full out cd cover and case, or just like the bootlegs with the cardboard only?

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
i'll be buying these two on release day, no question. the showbox dvd they have on their website is very good, much better than the touring band 2000 garbage. i cant wait to listen to the rarities cds, quite a few REAL rarities on there. and crown of thorns, it doesnt get much better than that. early november is going to financially sink me, but it will be a fun ride.

CJ

Ryan_C

Second Unit
I imagine Tenclub members might give fans a shot at buying these first. They did it with TB2K when that came out, and the bootlegs, so there is a chance.

As much as this band does for us (it's fans) I would rather buy it directly from the Tenclub.

Jason Quillen

Supporting Actor
"Touring Band 2003" is taking a backseat for this release. Its getting the unused time on Disc 2, which clocks in around 30 min. Heres the official word -

"In addition to the 2 hour and 40 minute performance, there are 30 minutes of bonus features, including:

- A solo performance of "Dead Man" by Ed Vedder;

- A performance of "Throw Your Arms Around Me" in Perth, Australia with Mark Seymour of Hunters and Collectors

- Montage of guest performances, set to the song "Fortunate Son" by Pearl Jam – includes footage of Johnny Marr, Betchadupa, Cheetah Chrome, Sleater Kinney, Corin Tucker, Mike Tyler, Steve Earle, Jack Irons, Ben Harper, Billy Gibbons, Ann and Nancy Wilson of Heart, Idlewild, and the Buzzcocks

- A compilation of clips from a number of "Bu$hleaguer" performances on the 2003 Riot Act world tour.

- Matt cam angle on five of the songs

- Band outtakes set to "Down"

- Crew montage set to "All Those Yesterdays" "

10 C

Sounds like its going to be another killer release.

Between the double "Live At The Garden DVD", the double "Lost Dogs" rarities album, And Stone Temple Pilots "Thank You" (CD and DVD) all arriving on Nov 11, it looks like my wallet is going to be taking quite a hit that day.

JQ

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
i'm sure i'm typing blasphemy here, but i have a question.

why hasn't the band released a best-of consisting of their radio/studio cuts? i've always liked the band...just not enough to buy their cd's.

but i would pick up a best-of in a heartbeat.

but all their stuff is live, rarities, etc. that just doesn't interest me.

anyway...just curious.

Jason Quillen

Supporting Actor
Its just not their thing.

'Greatest Hits' has the stigma of being nothing but a money maker. Its not something want, or think they need. And as a huge PJ fan, I say good for them. The last thing I want next to me at my next Pearl Jam concert is some little MTV teen or some guy yelling for them to play Daughter or whining because they closed the show with Baba O'Riley and not Yellow Ledbetter. Theres enough of that without a greatest hits album. No offense intended.

As far as not being into them...I'd suggest finding a copy of the "Live at State College" CD that came out this summer. Buy it, Download it, Copy it, whatever...and give it a shot. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. Pearl Jam is one of the best live bands out right now. Hell, you cover postage and I'd be more than happy to copy a show or two from my collection (both the 2000 and 2003 complete tours) for free.

JQ

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
no offense taken jason. i'm just not a huge fan...that's all. i kind of like how they stick to their guns...i can certainly admire that. ;) thx for the info.

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
Touring Band garbage??? Showbox is good but Touring band is way better. Maybe its the picture quality of TB you dont like?
well, i like how showbox is more personal, its an entire show. tb2000 is a compilation, looks like it is amateur shot, and just lacks any kind of attachment to me, feels like a bunch of random songs strung together, in the fashion (order) of a tyipcal pj show. on the pj dc++ hub, its more or less the consensus that tb2000 is far inferior to the showbox dvd, so i just assumed most everyone would think that. you know what they say about assumptions i guess. anyway, it probably comes down to opinion. either way, its all still pearl jam, and i still like tb2000, but showbox much better. out of curiosity, how do you like single video theory?

CJ

MikeFR

Supporting Actor
TB2000 is probably my favorite dvd that I own :).

I was disappointed in single video theory. Whats on there is good but its just too short, if I had to do it over again I probably woulndt have bought it.

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
i dont regret buying tb2000, i just didnt get as much out of it as i would have liked. i liked single video theory, but i agree, too short. obviously the music is more important than a dvd about the making of the music, but i think svt is a nice little insight to the making of a great album. and if tb2003 comes around, i will certainly grab it as soon as it is released.

CJ

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
I'm glad they kept the rarities at 2 discs. It had been rumoured to be a 2 disc set for so long, but PJ has, in the past, tended to scale these types of things down in the end.

I haven't bought any of the live stuff released yet, where do I get the money?

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I just got the email offering both for $24.98. Now I'm torn between ordering it online via this offer or chancing that Best Buy will have something similar.

Thoughts on street date pricing?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks