What's new

More Muppet Show - when? (1 Viewer)

Ed Moroughan

Second Unit
Real Name
Edward R. Moroughan
No date but I did find this on the Muppet Central boards:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/korkstar/D23%2009%20Muppet%20Presentation/sep004.jpg

Kevin Martinez

Second Unit
Season 4 is the season with the Star Wars episode, isn't it?

I imagine Disney has had to spend more time than usual haggling with George Lucas over it.

as far as extras go, I'd like to see Disney dig deep into their holdings and unearth some of the Muppet specials that haven't been seen in a while.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I doubt very much that Lucas had anything to do with the hold-up on Season 4. The episode with the Star Wars connections was already released on DVD on one of the best of- collections several years ago.

TV Shows on DVD announced quite a while ago that Season 4 would be out in 2010.

WhitneyG

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Whitney
Originally Posted by Sam Favate /forum/thread/229163/more-muppet-show-when#post_3630306
I doubt very much that Lucas had anything to do with the hold-up on Season 4. The episode with the Star Wars connections was already released on DVD on one of the best of- collections several years ago.
Not necessarily. There were cuts in season one that didn't happen with the Columbia House releases. My guess is that Disney needs to renegotiate all music rights, regardless of what's already been released.

MielR

Advanced Member
Real Name
MielR
Originally Posted by Kevin Martinez /img/forum/go_quote.gif">
as far as extras go, I'd like to see Disney dig deep into their holdings and unearth some of the Muppet specials that haven't been seen in a while.
I'd love to see the John Denver "A Christmas Together" special and the "Muppets Go Hollywood" special, for starters.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
They could be using the economy as an excuse, like everyone else does.

Or they could be waiting for the 35th anniversary next year.

MattPeriolat

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matthew
Is now a good time to mention Disney has NEVER finished a TV on DVD series to date? Gummi Bears, DuckTales, Chip'n'Dale, Darkwing Duck, et al were all abandoned. Biggest example is Boy Meets World, which they gave up on, but fortunately Lionsgate has saved.

I wouldn't be too optimistic were I you about seeing Muppet Show finished.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Originally Posted by MattPeriolat
Is now a good time to mention Disney has NEVER finished a TV on DVD series to date? Gummi Bears, DuckTales, Chip'n'Dale, Darkwing Duck, et al were all abandoned. Biggest example is Boy Meets World, which they gave up on, but fortunately Lionsgate has saved.

I wouldn't be too optimistic were I you about seeing Muppet Show finished.
Do Touchstone's The Golden Girls and Home Improvement count?

MattPeriolat

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matthew
I will say I honestly forgot about Golden Girls and Home Improvement, so you got me there.

I KNEW I was going to get called on Zorro the minute I made the post, so I'll also apologize for that.

However, you have to admit, even with those, Disney's track record for full releases isn't that great. Just my opinion and frankly, if the Muppet Show is finished, I'll be surprised.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Technically, you could make the argument that they haven't finished "The Golden Girls" since "The Golden Palace" (pseudo Season 8) still isn't released.

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
Does anyone know if the previous season set sold well ? If it didn't, then that might be the explanation as to why we haven't seen the next release. I'm wondering if a complete series set will ever surface. I'd also like to have Muppets Tonight, either as part of the complete series or as a separate release.

Traveling Matt

Supporting Actor
I'm sure low sales numbers were not an issue.

Each season of The Muppet Show takes a long time to release due to the massive amount of music that needs to be cleared first. Thankfully, Disney took their time with the last two releases and was able to issue them uncut. I imagine a similar holdup has been a factor in the delay of Season 4.
Muppets Tonight has, for years, been rumored for release following TMS.

Trevor824

Grip
Real Name
Trevor
With a new MUPPET movie in the works at Disney (they just did a table read with the folks at Pixar for their input) I am sure they could be waiting for a tie in release. Maybe have season 4 for the theatrical release and 5 for the DVD release, or something like that.

I want the remaining sets. In a perfect world, we would've gotten all 5 seasons uncut and with their original closings...ah, well!

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Let's hope it's being worked on to tie in with the new film. Maybe season 4 with the film and season 5 with its release on DVD/BD? TSOD reported a few years ago that Season 4 was due in 2010!

Kevin Martinez

Second Unit
IF Disney had no plans to release it, they wouldn't have announced it at D23 at all. And the Mark Hamill can't be too much of an issue of Disney is making a series of Star Wars-themed Muppet action figures (http://www.nerdist.com/2011/06/star-wars-x-muppets-action-figures/)

Disney is being tight-lipped about Muppet stuff in general; even the movie (it took several days for the trailer to even surface online). So the lack of Season 4 information could be all part of that to keep the hpye fresh for the movie's release, if you believe in unicorns and fairy godmothers and all that optimsim crap.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks