What's new

more inputs please on Swans speakers (1 Viewer)

Ronneil Camara

Stunt Coordinator
Hey guys,

As you know, I bought SVS subwoofer based from people's recommendataion here at HTF. Now, I would like to ask Swans speaker current owners and previous owners about their experience with Swan speakers. Such as

1. I like this because...
2. I should not have bought this because ...

so on

Any thoughts will be very helpful in my purchasing next month. It's just that, when I see Rocket's review, they say they're great. But some reviews say that they're too bright. They say that Swans are warm which I think I will like it. But some say, Swans speakers doesn't get much credit anymore. There are so many confusing reviews. And lastly, I don't want to spend 2 shipping for different products to audition. I know that people's experience can help me a lot just like how they did with my SVS purchase!

;)

Aight guys! Good luck, hehehe ;)

Victor.Y

Stunt Coordinator
Honestly, if anything, I've heard people mention that the Rockets are on the warm side. However, only you can decide.... you might want to check out a site audioenvy.com to audition both speakers, so you can make a decision for yourself. Everyone has their opinions, but hearing them is the best thing you can do.

Good luck! :)

V

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
I have Swans 4.1s, 2.1s, and a C3. I love my speakers. They're very neutral, efficient, can be driven hard without distortion, and sound just as good at lower volumes. That said, if given the option to do it all over again I would have done a few things differently. I originaly bought the 4.1 towers and a few weeks later added the 2.1s as surrounds and C3 center. I wish I had started with 2.1s as mains and then added another pair of 2.1s and the C3. This would have given me the option to upgrade to 5.2 mains later on and have a fully 7.1 setup. I have a very capable sub and the 4.1s don't really offer alot more than the 2.1s when a good subwoofer is there. Now to be able to upgrade to 5.2s (which I would like to do) I would have to sell my 4.1s, which would be an annoyance. Since they're very good speakers I'm going to stick with them until my next major upgrade, but I wish I had taken a slightly different course of action.

Hope this helps :)

Ronneil Camara

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Stephen,

Did you ever own a different brand? I couldn't remember who owned a Paradigm speakers before but now is a Swan owner. Did you also audition different brands?

Thanks.

Ronneil

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
I've had JBN N series, Polk RTs, and Paradigme SE MK3s (predecesors to the Monitor series). I also auditioned Rockets but couldn't justify the extra cost which went mainly towards the finish.

DavidCooper

Stunt Coordinator
I used to own Paradigms. I had the CC-370 along with Mini-Monitors for mains. Atoms for surrounds (side and back) in a 7.1 system. I have an SVS 20-39PC+ to cover the low end. I liked my Paradigms I just felt they were a bit to harsh in the highs for my listening tastes. I went ahead and tried Swans. I started with the C3 center and a pair of 2.1's for mains.

Let me tell ya...there is NO comparison! The Swans are nothing short of amazing for the money. They are VERY neutral sounding and very detailed without being harsh at all. They can play amazingly loud without being fatigueing. I really enjoy them...and I can't believe the price. They are a steal in the black cherry finish.

I'm about to fill out my side and rear surrounds with more 2.1's. I'm pretty sure I'll just have an all 2.1/C3 system. Maybe down the road I'll get the 5.2's as mains..but to be honest, I think with a great sub and everything else properly calibrated an all bookshelf system would rock pretty hard.

I'm powering mine with a Parasound HCA-855A (85 watts per channel). My Denon 2802 is doing the pre-amp duty.

Hope this helps!

Greg Labate

Stunt Coordinator
Just got my Swans (Diva 2.1, C-3, R-3, Sub10) and love them. Incredibly well built, sound warm/neutral, no distortion (especially with SACD). I really love the dipole R3s (they weigh about 30 lbs each). Worth every penny.. quite a bargain for a complete HT speaker system under $1500. Great customer service, although you may wait a while after you order them.

Ronneil Camara

Stunt Coordinator
Aight guys, I'll go with it but mid or late November. I'll have to buy the acoustic guitar first ;)

I hope that these speakers will perfectly match my existing Yamaha RXV1400 receiver. I will buy 2.1s for my mains, and C3 for the center. And then, move my existing Paradigm Atoms as surrounds or rears. Or, if someone is interested in buying my Atoms, I can sell it for $150. It's only 8 months old. No scratches, I still have those Paradigm boxes. I got it for $189. Provides awesome sound. But of course, I want a new look in my system and I am mesmerize everytime I see the 2.1 picture(that piano finish is killing me, hehehehe). But again, my Atoms are awesome. I am actually planning of putting it in my rears. But if someone is interested, I'd get another pair of 2.1s for my rears. :)

Aight guys....

David K.

Second Unit
dogg digital = white van speakers
white van speakers = cheap overseas speakers with no crossovers, looks nice but shoddy insides capble of damaging your equipment.

that is some serious accusations enough to ruin swans rep. where did you hear this? I was looking into swans, bhut not if they are associated with dogg digital factories.

mikePay

Grip
I really doubt that Swan is affiliated with DOGG DIGITAL. All I know is that their speakers are manufactured by HIVI Research in China.

HIVI's site below:

solen.ca/hiv.htm

Click on the list of speakers and you will find the tweeters and speakers being used on the Swan speakers.

shaniceMW

Stunt Coordinator
for those of us who dont know anything about dogg digital or speakers for that matter, what does all of this mean?

Rob Kramer

Second Unit
Would you guys get off this dog digital crap. That guy who posted that is a troll. :angry:

Swans are excellent speakers.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks