What's new

more help is needed....itunes to android. TIA (1 Viewer)

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
hi guys.
I just finished ripping 411 CDs using itunes (on my PC). I did it using the Apple lossless Encoder setting. I am using my PC's HD as a media server.
I have figured out how to do down rezs on my ipad and Mac Air (just a setting in itunes that is device specific). So all is good there.
However, Id love to have my music on my android phone. How to do this ?
Im thinking that the easiest way would be to rip the entire collection to mp3 then just copy over what I want. How can I do this using itunes or another ripping program?
Other solutions?
Thanks in advance!
Gregg

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
i did some googling and found dbpoweramp...
I am trying now with their 21 day free trial.
I will report back once ripped.

KeithAP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Keith
In iTunes preferences, change your import settings to the format you want for your Android phone, for instance AAC 256 bit. Then, in iTunes, if you right click on the music, there should be an option that says "Create AAC version" or whatever format you changed it to. It will then create a new music file with the specs you selected.

Once that is done, install Google Music Manager then point it to your iTunes library and you can upload all Google compatible files to your Google Play/Music account. From there you can download the music to the phone or just stream. There are probably a number of ways that a smart playlist or sorting could be used to facilitate removing the duplicate songs from your iTunes library although, if you have the space, backing up your library before you start and then restoring the back up might be the simplest.

Also, I believe doubleTwist (haven't used it myself) can be used to move music over to your Android phone and it will convert the Apple lossless files to 128Kbps H264 M4A during the syncing process. If that bit rate is okay with you, that might be the simplest way to move the music over.

-Keith

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks