What's new

more Filmation shows licensed (1 Viewer)

Amy Mormino

Supporting Actor
While She-Ra caused me the most excitement, I am pleased to see Bravestarr on the list also. And remember folks, the Ghostbusters show listed is the one with the gorilla not the one based on the movie!

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member

Try not to get too excited just yet, Jay. That message simply says several live-action series, not the specific ones you named, though I, too, would love to see them.

For all we know, that sentence could've just as easily meant DVD releases of The Ghost Busters (Forrest Tucker/Larry Storch), Adventures of Waldo Kitty or something like that (was Monster Squad a Filmation production?).

Fans of the three above-named action shows (plus Isis and Shazam! ought to check out my humble fansite

Joe:C

Second Unit
Other than She-Ra I'd like to see:

Ghostbusters
Bravestarr
Blackstar(don't think this one was mentioned in the press release)

Carlos Garcia

Screenwriter
Groovie Goolies RULE! I can't wait for that show as well as the original Archies to finally be released! Too bad the Filmation superhero shows will have all sorts of legal problems in getting released. I'd pick them all up in a heartbeat.

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member

You say that like its a bad thing.

Me, I'd love to see the Tucker/Storch Ghostbusters out on DVD. And with only 13 episodes, it'd be a nice small package to boot.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
ISIS?
do i dare dream?

that doesn't seem like very much to me.
but assuming 1/2 hour content, that would come to over 460 episodes of whatever they've got now.
(Looks like Jason only accounts for about 10 hours, and Isis for a couple more than that...maybe there is hope for this stuff after all)

so when and where can we get a full list of what they've obtained?

looks like i should toss a letter off the BCI

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Don't bother with your e-mail, Paul. I've already asked them for that. On instructions from Greg Glass, BCI is not planning to blurt out a full list of what they've obtained in this deal. They'll leak it out as they feel appropriate.

I tend to agree with that idea from their point of view; no use getting hopes up by talking up product you don't know yet if you want to release...the masters may be in bad shape, or the popularity may not be there, etc.

I've already given them my feedback not to forget the live action shows like Isis, Ark II, Jason of Star Command and Space Academy. They appreciated the feedback and my ideas on how to approach this, especially the complicated matter of Isis and the Warner-owned Shazam! series; we are going to do our best to try to get those two studios together. It may not work, but then again it may.

Speaking of Warner-owned, I'll remind everyone that ER did not own the rights to the various DC Comics character-based shows that Filmation made (Superman, Batman, Aquaman, Superman/Aquaman, Batman/Superman, etc.). Since ER did not own those rights, BCI certainly could not have obtained those rights in this deal. Warner almost certainly already owns those rights, along with Shazam!, just like Paramount owns Star Trek, etc.

Mention of Ghost Busters was more aimed at the animated show, but that doesn't mean they wouldn't do the live-action show instead, or in addition to, so I kept that vague in my news posts about this deal.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
I'm hoping for Groovie Goolies...I have two old VHS tapes that I pull out to watch every Halloween but one of them no longer plays...I'll definitely buy GG.

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member

Didn't mean to make it sound that way, I was just trying to say what one hopes to get released may be way different than what actually does.

And, by the way, The Ghost Busters was 15 episodes, like almost other "first seasons" of Filmation live-action shows. 10 of them were released on Continental video back in the '80s, leaving five of them unseen since the network airings.

Speaking of the Filmation shows, would everyone here who wants this stuff on DVD please visit the
poll that I have created in conjunction with my fan sites?

This is more than just your garden-variety internet poll that usually doesn't get anywhere: I will be sending the results of this poll to people who are actually in a position to make decisions about these matters, so the results of this can make a difference.

I've put the six main live-action Filmation shows on it and you can vote for as many of them as you wish. The only restriction is that you can only vote once.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
I've been looking in record stores for that one for years (I'm not really into buying LPs on eBay).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks