What's new

More Elton John SACD on the way.... (1 Viewer)

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
These titles were announced awhile back, and it is nice to see they are finally put on the upcoming list. I can only hope these discs do not suffer the same fate as the Steely Dan discs.

J

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
Those are some of his best ones. I hope those are for the U.S. ? He hasn' been on Island in the past has he? As I recall he was on Uni. Damn, now I have to think about them for months and months on end, till _____? ;) :)

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
Hey, I just noticed Toby Keith's current album and Lee Ann Womack's Greatest Hits is on the release schedule. Were these announced before?

Sony better start releasing the Dixie Chicks on SACD

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
If I were to pick the 5 Elton albums I wanted on SACD after GYBR those would be the ones. Here's hoping they see the light of day.

John Kotches

Senior HTF Member
Universal Music really likes me ;)

The titles I like I purchase in both formats, the titles I need to use I usually wait and buy them on DVD-Audio.

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
I think the EJ titles are American favourties, and not necessarily the faves in the UK. Over here, I think the equivalent response might have been to: Elton John, Caribou, Don't Shoot Me ..., Blue Moves, Too Low for Zero. However, a nice selection for EJ fans. I'll certainly be picking up Captain Fantastic, possibly the Elton John album, and then waiting and hoping for Too Low, and my personal favourite, Rock of the Westies.

David Coleman

Supporting Actor
Ok this is great to see these titles!!! I'm excited even though I don't have SACD. If UNIVERSAL follows their lead then afterward we should see them released on DVD- AUDIO which is what i'd be looking forward to.

My definite choices are ELTON JOHN, MADMAN, TUMBLEWEED then CAPTAIN FANTASTIC!

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
All great early EJ...way before the platform shoes and the weird-ass costumes and glasses overtook the music.

FWIW, I actually sprung for a 180g Vinyl release of the ST debut. What a great LP. Look forward to getting all of these on hi-rez 5.1.

BGL

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member

Brian, I hate to contradict, but this was the period of some of his most flamboyant performances. I agree that things went a bit pear-shaped after that (Victim of Love, anyone?) but he made a fine comeback with Too Low For Zero.

David Coleman

Supporting Actor
So which song from the announced Elton's are you most looking forward to in surround?

For me it's the following:

INDIAN SUNSET
COME DOWN IN TIME
RAZOR FACE
SIXTY YEARS ON
FIRST EPISODE AT HEINTON
CAPTAIN FANTASIC AND THE BROWN DIRT COWBOY

PhilBoy

Second Unit
Paul Buckmaster's arrangements on "Elton John" should sound spectacular...

"Honky Chateau" has always sounded clean on Redbook. Now it's going to be even better.

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Interesting; thx, Danny.

Wonder if we'll see--and if so after how long--DVD-As of some/all of these.

I don't think so, Danny. Of course the reason for this Toby album as opposed to any of his others getting the hi rez treatment is because he's gotten hotter/bigger in the last two years or so due to the controversy and Shock'n Ya'll is his latest release, but it is discographically ironic: Toby started as a PolyGram artist (on Mercury), left that label the year after it was acquired by Universal to record for Dreamworks, which was last year acquired by Universal.

So the French own the label that released "Courtesy of the Red, White and Blue (The Angry American)." ;)

I think this is the first Dreamworks title UMG is releasing to hi rez . . . ? I wonder if the rowdy crowd will get panned to the surrounds in "I Love This Bar." :)

-p

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
Paul, I have the Laserdisc of his Central Park performance. One of his costume changes was into his duck suit. You sit there watching, thinking, I bet Howard the Duck would like to pork him.:)

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
Interest info regarding Toby Keith....is "I Love This Bar" the song with the video in which Toby Keith and his band perform behind a chicken wire cage?

Is it me or is that a new Renee Fleming SACD title in the "Coming Soon" section of the release schedule??

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks