What's new

More bass! (1 Viewer)

MuneebM

Supporting Actor

actually, it doesn't use any of HTF's server space. I've got that JPEG on my own server, HTF's database just contains the URI that points to the JPEG, your browser loads the JPEG from my server, caches it, and then loads it from cache on each subsequent visit of the JPEG until you clean out your cache.

Mike Poindexter

Stunt Coordinator
If you want shaking bass when you have a concrete slab, then you will need either a tactile transducer like the Buttkickers or the Clark Synthesis. An Odyssee would be really good, but it is probably out of the budget. It has the most shake by far of anything if you turn it up all the way.

Mitch_J

Stunt Coordinator
MuneebM,
I just got an Aperion S-12 Subwoofer and after reading your post I was worried because I also have it on a concrete slab in the den. My worries and fears were for nothing. It works wonderful and can be felt throughout the house. I've had large woofers on a subfloor before and it always sounded to "Boomy". This sub on the slab just kicks me in the chest. Now I know what I've been missing in the LFE. And I know why it's called 5.1 too :D

P.S.The Cherry Aperion is $100 dollars off too.

ChuckRG

Agent
"If you want shaking bass when you have a concrete slab, then you will need either a tactile transducer like the Buttkickers or the Clark Synthesis....."

That may be true in some cases. Our theater is in the basement on concrete and I have MORE than enough shakin .... but I am using dual SVS B4+'s in addition to the dual 15 inch woofs of each main speaker. Dual (or even quad) B4's is probably a lot less than an Odysee. The Odysee is the only Real option. To my ears --- (or would that be to my rear end) the Buttkickers are very unnatural as are the other shakers that I have experienced.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks