What's new

More bad news for UCLA football (1 Viewer)

JustinT

Stunt Coordinator
Just when I thought things couldn't get any worse, DeShaun Foster gets caught taking "extra benefits" and is declared ineligible for at least the Oregon game. I don't know how these things work, but I heard he might be out for the rest of the season.
Such a shame, that a guy with this much talent has to blow it with only a couple more months remaining in his college career...
------------------
My DVD's

Joe_C

Supporting Actor
What the fuck? Justin I didn't hear anything about that, no doubt it'll be all over the Daily Bruin tomorrow... Wow...
------------------
www.DigitalHoard.com
All-Around Anime Goodness

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
Question: Is Pete Carroll the head coach of UCLA or is he with USC? I know that he's out at one of those schools and I was wondering if he was screwing up UCLA the same way he screwed up the New England Patriots.
------------------
You want to upgrade again?!!

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
Define "extra benefits"; if it involves gifts from alumni, recruiters, then he should be out for good. Period.
------------------
B00005LC4P.01.MZZZZZZZ.jpg
6305499128.01.MZZZZZZZ.jpg
0792846427.01.MZZZZZZZ.jpg
6305165912.01.MZZZZZZZ.jpg
B00003CXRM.01.MZZZZZZZ.jpg

My Top 10 Movies of 2000 of 2001
Fox: Please release P.C.U. on DVD!

Jeff_A

Screenwriter
If this is true, he can kiss his Heisman hopes goodbye as well.
rolleyes.gif

------------------
The Dark Tower
jamaris1.jpg

Fearless Vampire Killers (1967)?

Jim__B

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah, if it is true the Heisman is out of the question just ask Peter Warrick. He would have won it in 1999 if he did not get caught for getting some clothes at a little discount. :)

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Justin.
------------------
You want to upgrade again?!!

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Dalis, who on Monday announced his retirement after 19 years, effective in June, sounded weary.
"I've said this before publicly--the NCAA rules are somewhat artificial in our society," he said. "If this had happened in any other context of our society, no one would be questioning it. But because you're an athlete, the rules are different."
This taken from an L.A. Times article: http://www.latimes.com/sports/college/ucla/la-sp-foster08nov08.story?coll=la%2Dheadlines%2Dsports%2 Dcoll%2Ducla
Basically he was using someone else's car, probably a lot, and that constitutes an "extra" benefit. They aren't sure if it's someone with the UCLA program or an agent or what. It's not a vehicle that was bought for him, just that he used it. The rules are strict on those things and UCLA is particularly picky about obeying NCAA rules. The article is a good read, avoids most of the cloak-n-dagger stuff and just presents the facts as known at this time.
Basically unless more is discovered, he will probably only serve 1 game. But yes, his Heisman chances need to go by the wayside, just like Peter Warrick's did (although what Warrick did was technically a crime, not an NCAA violation).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.