What's new

Moonlighting Season 3 - Feb 7, 2006 (1 Viewer)

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
that's cool, I wonder how Allyce is doing considering Vincent Schiavelli just died a number of weeks ago.

Jaime_Weinman

Supporting Actor
Just so you know, the clip from "Lady in the Iron Mask" in the clip-show episode ("The Straight Poop") has the William Tell Overture in it, the way it's supposed to. Makes it alll the more of a mystery where that alternate soundtrack (on the season 2 DVD) comes from. If Lion's Gate has the original version (they may not have access to it), I hope they include it as an extra on the final set.

Haven't noticed any music substitutions on this set.

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
I believe that Ms. Beasley is now doing voice-over work for cartoons. I always thought she was very funny and unique as a performer. She deserved another hit show.

Patrick.C

Second Unit
DianaM - thats very cool - I wish I could be there. Please take a lot of pictures and post them for us to see.

Since you'll be hanging out with the two of them, can you ask Curtis if he would ever consider doing a podcast-style, downloadable commentary for Better Off Dead? There are lots of fans that would love to have it, since the dvd came out bare bones. His commentary with Bobcat and Savage Steve Holland for "One Crazy Summer" is one of the best.

Oh - and one other thing - I haven't picked up my copy of season 3 yet. Is there any chance that the video store they'll be signing at could sell and ship autographed copies?

DianaM

Agent
Hi Patrick.C

I will forward your request to Curtis and see what he says.

About your request of shipping autographed copies, why don't you call Rocket Video and aks for Jeff, who's the manager. Maybe he can work something out for you and for other fans who cannot attend the signing. Tell him that Diana from Moonlighting21.com gave you the heads up.

I'll also be taking pictures that night too.;)

Travis Brashear

Screenwriter
Does MOONLIGHTIONG: Season Three come with an insert booklet? The set for Seasons One and Two did--a booklet featuring the titles and synopses of each episode featured; the packaging for Season Three has the same slot designed for such an insert booklet, but my copy has no such booklet. Did I get a bad package, or did Lions Gate screw the proverbial pooch on this one?

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Yes, I got mine today, with booklet. Set looks great though!

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member

Weren't they divorced a few years ago? His obituaries I thought listed another wife.

As for the set, I haven't gotten it yet, but did the "Big Man on Mulberry Street" number remain? With all the talk about music rights, this is one episode that was CRUCIAL. I don't think I would buy it without.

DianaM

Agent
According to IMDB.com they were divorced in 1988.

Yes, the music on Mulberry Street remains intact. I haven't watched all the episodes yet, but I'm pretty sure all he music is there.

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
Just finished "Atomic Shakespeare," and now I'm gonna watch the retrospective piece. So far so good, though I did notice some audio degradation near the end of the "Good Lovin'" wedding scene. Hard to describe... kind of an analogue phasing effect (tape wear?). Nothing horrible. Anybody else notice it?

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
I think this is another great Moonlighting set and Lion's Gate is to be commended. I have only viewed a few episodes so far, but they all appear to be full-length and complete. Also, it is a pleasure to see that even a relatively "small" player like Lion's Gate can secure original music licenses for these sets. It really adds to viewing enjoyment, IMO, and the major studios should take a lesson. The "Memories of Moonlighting" featurette is a lot of fun, too, as it reunites the "big 3" - Willis, Shepherd and Caron for the first time in a long time. Well done!

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Is there a general plan for seasons 4 & 5? Will they be released together? Any idea on when? The 9 months between these first two releases seemed like a long time.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
Not long in the grand scheme of TV on DVD. As much as I like the show and want the DVD releases, I'm quite satisfied with what they're doing, and completely support them taking the time necessary to do it right.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
out of curiousity, just how bad are the last two seasons? I am planning on ending my collection with season 3 because I have heard nothing but negative comments about seasons 4 and 5

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks