What's new

MONTE WALSH (1970)? (1 Viewer)

walter o

Supporting Actor
Originally Posted by Richard--W

Well, this is good news. The original MONTE WALSH is one of my most-wanted westerns.

The other two most-wanted westerns are CATTLE ANNIE & LITTLE BRITCHES (1979) starring Diane Lane and Burt Lancaster, and the factual docudrama THE BALLAD OF GREGORIO CORTEZ (1982) with Edward James Olmos delivering the best performance of his career, to date. I forget who released them and who owns them now.

Then there is BILLY TWO-HATS and THE SPIKES GANG ....

CATTLE ANNIE, GREGORIO CORTEZ and SPIKE is owned by MGM so who knows if these will be on DVD.

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
Wow! What great news! Another of my most-wanted finally gets a pressed release in R1 (directly from Paramount, yet!), at a time when catalog pressed discs from the majors are largely dying on the retail vine. This will be the perfect thing to tide me over until Olive releases SANDS OF THE KALAHARI in the early Spring of 2011!

As to why MONTE WALSH is coming out now... isn't the Coen Bros' remake of TRUE GRIT supposed to be released in U.S. theaters in late December, and by Paramount? I suspect this disc release is a marketing tie-in with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks