What's new

Monsters Inc and Up 4 disk set twin pack NOW $32.98 SHIPPED at Amazon (See Post #31) (1 Viewer)

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
Originally Posted by Ronald Epstein

I wouldn't expect that adjustment before release date Mike. It's been my experience that Amazon will adjust your price and issue a refund a day or two post release date.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Jeff Meyers /forum/thread/294472/monsters-inc-a...shipped-at-amazon-see-post-31/30#post_3624975

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I'm seeing the pair as $32.98 now (and it's still taking off the Gold Box discount from when I placed the order, so the total is $31.83).

Did anyone get the "Snow White Thanks" discount who first ordered Snow White *after* the original $10 discount on that was announced?

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Incidentally, today there is a new deal where you can get $10 off if you order Up and another Disney BD from a list. No other Pixar, but there are some good titles.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Originally Posted by Mike Frezon
just for fun I emailed Amazon on the "Inc" drop and here's what they said.

"Hello,

Whenever you pre-order a book, CD, video, DVD, software, or video game, the price we charge when we ship it to you will be the lowest price offered by Amazon.com between the time you placed your order and the release date. If the price changes, you'll see the update (or refund, if your shipment is already being prepared) within 24 hours.

Our Pre-Order Price Guarantee doesn't apply to items (or prices) offered by other sellers on our site.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Please let us know if this e-mail resolved your question:"

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Hello,

I looked into your order and can confirm $5.00 of promotional funds were applied to this order.

The remaining $22.48 will be charged to your American Express card.

We hope to see you again soon.
Insane

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
what promo would that be.

my order is down to $25.xx

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Sam I was wondering about that $5.00 discount, I havent seen that yet.

On My order it started out at I think 39.98, then I asked for the $10 thanks for previous snow white order.
Since then they have been lowering it themselves each time one of the sets goes down in price.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Yeah, I don't know how their math works, that's just what I heard this was supposed to be I told em about it they agreed and gave it to me. =)

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
So you guys are just talking about the $10 off for Snow White that you didn't get in your previous order (of the Snow White BD), correct? I already got that when I previously ordered SN w/ then available promo coupon (for a net cost of ~$10+tax).

Anyway, Amazon finally bent my arm far back enough on this deal by throwing in a last-minute Gold Box Quick Pick offer (to knock off another buck or so) on Monsters, Inc., so I just went ahead and took the plunge on the combo -- and also threw in the Heat BD at the solid ~$16.50 price for good measure after reading Michael Reuben's eloquently persuasive review.

So I'm basically getting Monsters, Inc. for ~$12+tax, assuming Amazon doesn't drop the price any further before release day. Will probably be giving the old DVD set to my little nephew.

_Man_

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Originally Posted by Aaron Silverman

Incidentally, today there is a new deal where you can get $10 off if you order Up and another Disney BD from a list. No other Pixar, but there are some good titles.
I'm pretty sure I saw "Cars" BD on the list.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man-Fai Wong

So you guys are just talking about the $10 off for Snow White that you didn't get in your previous order (of the Snow White BD), correct? I already got that when I previously ordered SN w/ then available promo coupon (for a net cost of ~$10+tax).
_Man_
Again, I'm not sure how their math works, I thought i got the $10 on SnowWhite too...

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
This extra $10 off is not the previous 10 off that was applied to Snow white on blu.
this is a new 10 off as a promo thank you offer for previoiuusly ordered Snow White that is applied to the Up/Inc order

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Here's what I got (which took me awhile to figure out because I've got a third item in the order...so my S&H is a bit different):

Up: $19.99
Monster's Inc.: $14.49
(I think this is where they took the $10 for the Snow White promo. I think MI was showing $24.49 when I ordered it.)

I am admittedly confused on this. But I think the $10 Best Value Savings below is the discount for buying the two titles together. If I'm right, maybe they won't adjust my price on the Monster's Inc. to $12.99 (since it's now $22.99). Although maybe they will since Sam has an item subtotal of $32.48 posted above.

Item(s) Subtotal: $34.48 Shipping & Handling: $4.96 Best Value Savings: -$10.00 Super Saver Discount: -$4.96 ----- Total Before Tax: $24.48 Estimated Tax: $x.xx ----- Grand Total: $24.48+ tax

And I know it'll probably happen sooner...but I HATE that it says my order will likely be shipped on November 16. And arrive sometime between Nov. 23 and December 1.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
OK, I have now been negged on this THREE times, by three different CSRs, providing three different reasons!

Oh well. . .I can't say as I'm terribly upset about paying under $32 for both. And my order's shipped already, which is nice.

(Not thinking about that Target post. . .)

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Originally Posted by Aaron Silverman

BTW, Mike, mine also originally listed w/ the same relatively long wait for expected ship date. But it apparently got shipped out late last night/early this morning from some warehouse in Delaware(?). Maybe it'll actually arrive by Friday.

_Man_

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Mike Frezon /forum/thread/294472/monsters-inc-a...shipped-at-amazon-see-post-31/30#post_3626011

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks