What's new

"Monster's Inc" and "A Bug's Life" officially announced for May 19 (1 Viewer)

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW

Well, *IF* they'll actually include moviecash for that, then I'll consider buying on release day. Otherwise, the likely initial street price will be too high for a catalog title, IMHO.

_Man_

ATimson

Second Unit
Real Name
Andrew Timson
I'd actually expect to see TS1/2 on Blu-ray in time for TS3 to hit theaters; that seems to be the practice that other studios are following, at any rate (Terminator, Star Trek, X-Men)... Disney doesn't tend to engage in theatrical sequels, though so it's hard to point at past behavior for them in particular. ;)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Never say never but I think since the first two are out of print on DVD, they'll make them their big release for holidays 2010. Plus, the first two are getting re-released theatrically (TS1 in October and TS2 in February 2010) so they probably won't need to create an awareness like they might want to with a normal sequel.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

That's news to me Travis... Thanks! VERY exciting. I will SO be there for both of those! :emoji_thumbsup: And then TS3 in June of '10! I can hardly wait... :D

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
I don't know about A Bug's Life but I preordered Monsters, Inc. through Amazon and it lists for $28.99.

Bruce

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Ed St. Clair
Do you really believe the PQ of Cars & Ratatouille suffer because of a LPCM soundtrack? If not, then why not LPCM?

Exactly. LPCM doesn't give you better sound quality than lossless compression (since the lossless formats are bit for bit identical), but it does eat up space.

Eric F

Screenwriter
The short cuts of both these movies included on The Pixar Story documentary are amazing. I think people will be pleasantly surprised.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

The Pixar Story was the first thing I ran to when I picked up my Wall-E BD. They look amazing indeed. The Ultimate Toy Box was the first DVD title I ever bought. It is also one of the DVD titles in my collection I will upgrade the fastest! :D

Ed St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the off-topic heads up. Surprised those tentative dates don't match up too school vacations.

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
Well, when what you want is redundant and would take away from what every one else wants (such as SD extras on other Pixar films that could have been in HD), it's odd that you would nitpick the release for the most useless "feature". It's like saying that you deserve a monster truck in Miami just because it would be "cool", never mind that it would inconvenience everyone else on the road and you'll never use 4WD.

LPCM would be no different than TrueHD, so why bother?

Ed St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Name one LPCM title that you (or anyone else) has that's lost something because of the LPCM track.
---------------------------
Just because you say its "no different" doesn't make it so.
Check the link I've already provided as well as reviews from "HDD".
Even if you still think it makes no diff, I don't care.
I thought I already made that clear too you.
------------------------------------------
And I don't want a four wheel drive either.
And I don't think their cool.
And I don't wish too step ft in Miami again.
-------------------------------------
It's just a feature, dude.
I already posted my favorite HiRez listening experience came for lossless.
LPCM has not affected the video quality of a single release.
-----------------------------------------------
What else do you want from me?
Give up my enjoyment of LPCM soundtracks?
No way!

Besides, what favorite feature of yours would you give up for me?
(even tho I've never posted you should do so)

I received an e-mail from Amazon letting me know I had to approve a delay in the shipping date for Monsters, Inc. The new ship date according to my order page is now 5 May 2010. When you search for the Monsters, Inc Blu-Ray on Amazon, it doesn't come up in the search results. The page is still there if you use google, but you can no longer pre-order the disc.

Anyone have any official news of a delay for this release? The Pixar site is not real helpful when it comes to Blu-Ray release information.

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
As an aside ...

Ed, you're the only person I've ever seen who consistently types the word "too" when it should be "to." You've been doing it here for years.

I've seen the opposite done plenty of times, but you are unique in this. So my question is .. What's that all about? Is it some kind of inside joke or do you really not know the proper usage of the word?

I'd say the "o" on your keyboard stutters but it doesn't seem to happen in other words.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks