What's new

Monster XP: 16 Gauge or 13 Gauge? (1 Viewer)

CameronS

Supporting Actor
I was at looking at some Monster speaker wire the other day. Original Monster and some Monster XP to be exact. Most of the signs in the store indicated that the Monster XP was a 16 gauge wire. The actual packaging of the XP didn't mention what size it was, but on the outer jacket of the wire there was a large "13" printed. Does this mean that Monster XP is a 13 gauge wire? Just to compare, I looked at some Original Monster wire. The signage said 10 gauge, while the jacket said either "8" or "B", I couldn't tell. Once again, the actual packaging revealed no extra info on the size of the wire.
confused.gif

------------------
campic07.jpg

The HTF Lowest Post Champion!

Kevin. W

Screenwriter
Your about too get replies that will tell you to goto your local Home Depot and pickup some 12G for a lot cheaper than Monster XP. Do as they say and save your money for something else.
Kevin

CameronS

Supporting Actor
I know Kevin! :)
I have thought about doing that, but the main reason I keep looking at Monster XP and others is that I need a white cable. (This wire is going to run to my surrounds).

John H

Second Unit
As far as I know "original" Monster cable is 12AWG and the XP series is 16 AWG
John
------------------
Link Removed
...tryin to fix a hole in the ocean, tryin to make a dovetail joint

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
you may also want to consider partsexpress.com and do a search under 'white wire'. may find other alternatives that may meet your needs.

jeff lam

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeff Lam
I have XP and it acts more like 14 than 16 due to it being twisted and woven on the outer layer and a solid core inner layer.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks