What's new

Monster Superflat Mini Navajo White Speaker Wire - AWG gauge? (1 Viewer)

Charles_Y

Premium
Supporter
Real Name
Charles W. Yearsley Jr.
[SIZE= 14px]I was thinking of purchasing this speaker wire to run to my new surround speakers (Monitor Audio BX2 - roughly 20 ft back from receiver) and wondered, does anyone know the AWG rating for the Monster Superflat Mini Navajo White? I was hoping for 16 gauge but their site has NO information whatsoever![/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]This rating may only be voluntary rather than by law but it only further distances me from this company, whose products some of which I still own from some years ago but which I'm fast losing respect for. I've learned of their pricing strategies on this site and others.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]I really need to get some idea of the thickness of this wire for one thing. Any advice is appreciated.[/SIZE]

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Instead of buying something with that name, why not flat speaker wire from PE - http://www.parts-express.com/wizards/searchResults.cfm?srchExt=Cat&srchCat=370 ?

Charles_Y

Premium
Supporter
Real Name
Charles W. Yearsley Jr.
You're right of course. It was just that I happened to be in a local Radio Shack for something else and checked out their speaker wire and saw this and was curious as the sales clerk didn't know. I take it then that you don't know the gauge either?

Doesn't matter. I will look into alternate venues myself. Thanks!

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
No clue. If they published the size, then comparisons would be easy and that's not part of their marketing scheme.

winniw

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick Reed
The standard XP Navajo White is 16 ga. so I would think that the gauge would be the same but I can't guantee it. Oh, wait... mini... well, I don't know but I will look around a bit.

Okay, if you can trust this Amazon ad... it's 16 ga.

http://www.amazon.com/Monster-SFLM-500-SuperFlat-Navajo-Speaker/dp/B00004Y2VV

I know that everybody loves to hate Monster, but I have used XP NW for years and I think it is good stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks