What's new

Monster Legacy Giftset... (1 Viewer)

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I'm in the process of exchanging my second box for a third. both the Frankenstein and Dracula discs have what I can only call manufacturing errors. Both of the flippers play the wrong movie when chosing from the menus. 2 copies of The ghost of Frankenstein wont play the ending, same with House of Dracula. None of the dracula trailers play, and I can't even chose the Ghost Of Frank trailer because of the menu glitch (Ghost only plays if you go to the chapter selections, if youy select play from it's menue, Son Of Frank plays.)

The Second Wolfman disc played fine.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield

Yes. The discs are scratched and the picture breaks up at various points when watching the films.

Amazon is now offering me a $20 credit to cover the Dracula Legacy portion of this order. I'm just going to take it and use the remainder of a Best Buy gift card to pick up Dracula. That way I can shake the package to make sure there are no loose discs. Unfortunately, this means an unscheduled trip to BB (I buy almost everything online these days to save time).

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Of course, what I'm about to write has been repeated too many times to mention, but...

It's just a shame that these great Universal sets (with their truly unbelievable pricetags) are giving us all such fits. From the Abbott and Costello collections, to these Monster sets, to many of their other double-sided disk collections, it just seems they've got to correct these problems.

Heck, I'll bet I speak for pretty much everyone here when I say, "Universal, we appreciate the prices on these sets, but would gladly pay an extra $10 per set if it meant correcting all these manufacturing problems."

Gary "I know one person that works at Universal, and I'm gonna make an appeal to this guy today to get the word out to the 'higher ups' and see what can be done" O.

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I guess I am feeling lucky.

I just bought this set last Saturday at Tower (yes, I did shake the four sets they had to determine which one(s) (only two) did not have loose discs rattling.

I played most of the films I had not previously seen, except for Ghost of Frankenstien, plus all the extras and did not find any gliches or authoring issues what so ever.

For $59.97, it was a great deal, and the busts are nice, but now I figure I better get to watching the Ghost of Frankenstien just to make sure it is glich free.

Too bad these sets, along with the Abbott and Costello ones, create such a mix or "Yeah, these were a bargain!" with "Man, I hope there are no authoring gliches!"

C'mon Universal, don't stress us out like this.

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
I'm a diehard Universal Fan, so I didn't mind buying the original double features at prices which irked some fans. And I wouldn't have minded buying each film as an individual DVD if it meant the best restorations possible, still galleries, and - of course - no authoring concerns! :)

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
I'm with you Joe... I bought every single double feature release (some at inflated after-market prices on eBay) without batting an eye. And frankly, I preferred the cover art over these new green designs. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation966
Recent bookmarks