Monster Legacy Giftset...

Discussion in 'DVD' started by MarcoBiscotti, Apr 27, 2004.

1. MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti Producer

Yes Paul, they are the exact same.

2. CraigF

CraigF Cinematographer

Craig
    They are the same two disc sets, but they are not shrink-wrapped (least, not in mine). The UPC codes are clear...I'm not sure what you mean by "mutilated".

In contrast to some others, I find the disc cases quite nice-looking, but I really do question their durability, and I would rather have had the insert fit inside the disc case.

3. Paul Arnette

Paul Arnette Cinematographer

First, thanks for the information on the two-disc sets included with the box set. By "mutilated", I was referring to the pratice, which Universal and some other companies employ, where a black circle or a punched-out UPC is used to denote an item is part of a box set. I always assumed that this was a way to prevent unintended individual sale.

Well, it looks like I will have to find a box set that has no floaters before I open my set. As I said, I hope mine has none, but reports thus far have left me far from encouraged.

Thanks again...

4. Keith M.

Keith M. Second Unit

Has anyone who ordered from DDD received their set yet?

5. Drew Salzan

Drew Salzan Second Unit

I just received the Monster Legacy Gift Set and was quite pleased except for the fact that the box for the Frankenstein set came damaged and one of the discs came loose with disc 2 of the Dracula set during shipping and got scratched (I asked for a replacement).

Otherwise,I think the set is cool. The figurines have weight to them and are not cheap or tacky at all. The transfers are good. Most importantly, The Bride of Frankenstein (which was framed incorrectly in the previous release) has been remastered and looks fine. In addition to the framing correction, it looks like it was transfered from a better print; better contrast and overall better looking. I'm very pleased with this. The rest of the set seems similar to the previous releases.

One strange audio anomaly; during the last reel or so of Dracula's Daughter there is a low frequency hum. Anyone else notice this?

6. Casey Trowbridg

Casey Trowbridg Lead Actor

Got mine on Saturday, the busts look slick, pretty cool.

On the otherhand, 2 floaters, not cool.

7. Eric Huffstutler

Eric Huffstutler Screenwriter

Eric Huffstutler
    I've had my box set since street date. The outer box had a slight crease in the thin area above the front window showing the figurines. There were no floaters in my set and the individual packets inside were not damaged in any way.

Now... what was it said a while back about theater tickets being included for Van Hesling?

BTW... has anyone come up with a solution on how to house the ET special edition set that came with no outer sleeve to keep the booklet closed?

8. Doug_R

Doug_R Auditioning

My giftset arrived today from Amazon. The news is not good though. All three DVD packages had a loose, scratched disk. Each case had some damage on it as well. The outer box was banged up too. Statues were fine.

I called to see how amazon wanted to do a replacement. They are having me send the whole thing back. With an estimated delivery time on the replacement for April 3rd.

I just wanted to watch me some monster movies. [​IMG]

9. Ryan Wishton

Ryan Wishton Screenwriter

Doug,

April 3rd?

They expect you to wait 11 months for a replacement?

Thats insane.

10. JustinCleveland

JustinCleveland Cinematographer

Justin Cleveland
    My set had one floater, the second Dracula disc. I took it to K-Mart, they replaced it for me no hassle. I was going to exchange the whole box, but they said to just replace the Dracula set, since it would be easier for them in the end. I had no problem with that!

What a nice set! Well worth the 45 bucks I paid for it.

11. DonRoeber

DonRoeber Screenwriter

After all the tale of floating discs, I canceled my Amazon order, and picked this set up at Best Buy. It was a few bucks more, but everything was in fantastic condition. I'm looking forward to settling down and watching these movies.

12. Bryan Tuck

Bryan Tuck Screenwriter

Bryan Tuck
    I know there was some discussion of this in the Dracula review thread, but does anyone know if Universal has addressed the unrestored soundtrack issue on the original Dracula? It may seem trivial, but it is actually a real goof and should be corrected.

Anyone hear anything?

13. Keith M.

Keith M. Second Unit

Anyone who ordered from DDD received their set yet???

Im still frickin waiting...[​IMG] [​IMG]

14. Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman Executive Producer

Aaron Silverman
    I got a response from DDD this morning that they expect it back in stock on May 23, so look for a shipping notice starting then.

15. Doug_R

Doug_R Auditioning

Sorry, that should be June 3rd - a 3 week wait.

In my despondency, I suffered a calendar malfunction. :b

It will seem like a year wait for the wife and me though. We were wanting to have a MonsterFest Weekend.

16. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    Man, lots of floaters in these sets. I was at BJ's today and they had about 10 sets. I probably shook at least 6 before I found one without a rattling floater.

$57.99, by the way. A few cents less than all three sets offered at $19.49 each.

17. Keith M.

Keith M. Second Unit

Still waiting on DDD!!!!!!!!!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

18. Planet_jake

Planet_jake Extra

Just got my set from DDD. Planet approves! Not a lose disc in the bunch! Tight as a drum! It looks great on my shelf and it even has a pleasent musk. I am very pleased thus far. [​IMG]

19. Keith M.

Keith M. Second Unit

Got mine today from DDD. No Loose discs here either!! Looks mint!!

Cant wait to watch em... I still busy viewing all my Charlie Chaplin discs...[​IMG]

20. Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield Executive Producer
    Supporter

I just received my 2nd shipment from Amazon. For the 2nd time, the Dracula discs were floaters. This time, at least, the Frankenstein discs were okay (there was a floater in the first shipment of that set). Amazon does not want to send a third shipment and instead wants to issue me a refund. If they will not send another shipment, I'll resort to ordering just the Dracula Legacy from them, and then request a refund on that order to send back the defective discs I currently have. [​IMG]