What's new

Monster Cable vs. Blue Jean Cable????? (1 Viewer)

BillSune

Agent
I just heard about Blue Jean Cable and I was wondering how their cable rated next to a company like Monster Cable. I just am finishing off my system and I am in need of purchasing cable to make it all work. I could really use the opinions.

Thanks,

Bill Suneson

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
IMO, you get a lot more for the money with Blue Jeans. (I have audio, digital coax, and component video cables from them.) Plus, their customer service is among the best I've seen. And, their component video cables got rated a 99 by DVD Etc magazine. If you go through their web site, you'll find that they've even done their own hum rejection testing to come up with their recommended types.

Ernest Yee

Supporting Actor
Monster is definitely overpriced. They do carry some quality cables, but you'll be paying up the :D with that option.

Blue Jeans uses broadcast quality cable w/ high quality connectors. It's definitely a good option to go w/.

ClintS

Stunt Coordinator
Bluejeancables.com 'nuff said. They are without any doubt the best value.

Chester II

Stunt Coordinator
Dudes,

Now I need an excuse to buy something from them and see the quality for myself:emoji_thumbsup:

Dudes,

Chester

Jason W

Auditioning
Personally I would go with Monster Cable. They are a much larger company, therefore can spend the extra $ for research & development. Now you do have to spend a few extra dollars to get that extra special cable, due to great marketing on Monsters part. However, if you had the choice of Blue Jean or Monster Cable, & the monster was 50% off which would u take? There are a few of us here who do get that discount, not mentioning any names.

Drew_W

Screenwriter
The discount is 60% not 50% :D

That explains why I have two systems cabled exclusively in Monster though...

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
Blue Jeans uses Belden and Canare cable. The specs for those are readily available on the web. Just try getting any specs for any of the Monster cables. I'm thinking specifically capacitance and inductance. I'd take those anyday over Monster. Even at 50% off. :)

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
Really now, how much R&D do you need to pass a video signal or one from your preamp to amp or receiver to speaker? Marketing yes. A new way of saying the same old things, yes. However, let's not make more of this than there is!

Brian OK

Supporting Actor
Blue Jeans, hands down. I own their Video and it is quite nice...... **** And I bought Monster early on over 10 years ago..... and the Monster wire is very long gone.

And Heartland now offers the Belden 89259 with Eichman Bullet plugs. A lot of these smaller companies have their act together--- quality with no overpriced hyped advertising. Just proven performing wire with data to show.
Monster is now into 7k speaker offerings. You figure why.

BOK

Drew_W

Screenwriter
Audioquest is into $10k or more, Transparent Audio much much much more.

I want to play around with DIY cables...can you get samples somewhere ?

Dan Hine

Screenwriter

Jason, There are a ton of companies with money. Do you really think they spend it all on research and development for the sake of offering potential customers a better product? Is Bose better than Adire? Are Polk subs better than SVS? No need to answer those questions...
;)

Drew_W

Screenwriter
I didn't catch the R&D bit. Umm. I'm willing to put my money on the fact that they spend a HUGE HUGE HUGE, and probably massively disproportionate share of their capital on marketing. That's what's driving their products into the hands of consumers.

VinhT

Second Unit
There is something that I am concerned about. Blue Jeans Cable pretty much offers only one level - their best. Since Monster has multiple levels and their high-end series are well-regarded, I have to wonder... Do you think they would purposely impair or sabotage their lower lines in order to more clearly distinguish the different levels and therefore promote a greater need to upgrade?

For example, Monster has 16 levels for analog interconnects. Since the Sigma cable represents their best offering, wouldn't they have to make the difference between it and the 100 series drastic enough to justify the price?

With Blue Jeans Cable, you can be 100% confident that they will perform as intended. I have in my possession a Monster Interlink 100 cable which seems to be of pretty decent construction. They made the cable rather thick, which would imply that there's a lot going on inside. However, I can't help but wonder, since it is Monster's cheapest line, if perhaps there's no shielding or something of that nature. Afterall, if only the "good stuff" goes in their higher lines, does that mean that their low-end interconnects are just complete worthless junk?

I realize my allegation is quite serious, but it is a genuine concern of mine. I cannot fathom how they could have concocted 16 different levels for analog audio interconnects without compromising the performance of their low-end stuff.

Drew_W

Screenwriter
The truth is that there is probably no audible difference between closely related levels...but their wonderful technical jargon, and the MultiTwist construction, and PEX dielectrics and whatnot probably drives people up the levels because they feel they *need* that feature in the cable. Kinda wierd.

At 60% off though, its a safe investment. I can easily recover most of what I invested...I'll do some DIY stuff in a few weeks and see if I can extract any difference.

Brian OK

Supporting Actor
Vin,

Thick and something going on inside does not always equate to quality. Many a fine gal could agree, I'm sure.

The girth of Monster you speak of is filler and nothing more. 16 varieties is a marketing department out of control, that simple. Upgrade the next day if not satisfied ;*) she says......

Remember, marketing drives this company..... de-programming should not be shock therapy. Monster is after your dollar... gotta remember that.

Then, again, who isn't 8^o

BOK

John F. Palacio

Supporting Actor

I just want to add that these are the brands (along with Mogami) that are the most used by broadcasters, cable / satellite providers and facilities companys in the US and probably worldwide!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks